html > pdf and relative path

  • Adrien Verlee
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 24 7:31 AM
      When converting a html-page to pdf (Open Office, htmldoc) the
      relative links doesn't work in the pdf.
      Does someone know a simple solution?

      I know http://www.web2pdfconvert.com/ but want first another approach.
      --
      Adrien
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 24 8:32 AM
        Hi
        have you had a look at the notetab clip library NTP2FPDF
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        > When converting a html-page to pdf (Open Office, htmldoc) the
        > relative links doesn't work in the pdf.
        > Does someone know a simple solution?
        >
        > I know http://www.web2pdfconvert.com/ but want first another approach.
        > --
        > Adrien

      • Michael Rawley
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 24 8:34 AM
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 24 9:43 AM
            Dave,

            Op 24-jul-10, om 17:32 heeft Dave het volgende geschreven:

            > have you had a look at the notetab clip library NTP2FPDF

            I looked now. Seems to be a 'php-thing'. I do not do or have php.
            --
            Adrien
          • Adrien Verlee
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 24 9:46 AM
              Michael,

              Op 24-jul-10, om 17:34 heeft Michael Rawley het volgende geschreven:

              > May I ask why you should want to do this?

              Able to open files from the pdf, when the pdf is mailed, ftp-ed, etc.
              --
              Adrien
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 24 10:38 AM
                Adrien Verlee wrote:
                > Able to open files from the pdf, when the pdf is mailed, ftp-ed, etc.

                The problem with relative files is: relative to what exactly?

                I have just opened an index.htm of mine with many links to files in the
                same directory and saved that as a PDF onto another partition. All the
                relative links were correctly and automatically converted to fully
                qualified ones like
                <file:///F:/Webspace/berger-odenthal.de/aktuell/a-010428.htm>. All fully
                qualified links to some http:// were preserved verbatim and work. This
                is all one can ask for but no use when mailing the PDF. I have tried
                opening the same file from my server through http:// and ftp:// but
                OpenOffice seems unable to do that.

                So it seems the solution must be to convert all relative links to fully
                qualified ones pointing to your server, an extra step but a simple one
                in NoteTab. I agree that a conversion from relative to a configurable
                absolute path in OpenOffice export would be nice to have, but the one
                extra step is not that bad, is it?

                Axel
              • Adrien Verlee
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 24 4:37 PM
                  Op 24-jul-10, om 19:38 heeft Axel Berger het volgende geschreven:

                  > qualified links to some http:// were preserved verbatim and work. This
                  > is all one can ask for but no use when mailing the PDF. I have tried
                  > opening the same file from my server through http:// and ftp:// but
                  > OpenOffice seems unable to do that.

                  http://www.web2pdfconvert.com/ can do it right. Links, footnotes,
                  bookmarks ...
                  So, chance there is that a program exist that it does also
                  immediately well.
                  --
                  Adrien
                • Dave
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 25 5:51 AM
                    Hi
                    I assume the links in the first place
                    and download php and install "php-5.2.0-win32-installer" and that is it ,use
                    the plugin .
                    THANKYOU DAVE M