Internal linking

  • Hanne-Lore
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 23 11:44 AM
      I've created an internal link from one page to a specific bookmark on another page. Works fine when I view it on my computer, doesn't work when I upload the files to server. Anybody know the fix for this?
      The code I use: <A HREF="rwechapters.htm #concalls">...</A> on one page,
      <A name="concalls">bookmark</A>
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 23 2:18 PM
        Hanne-Lore wrote:
        >I've created an internal link from one page to a specific bookmark
        >on another page. Works fine when I view it on my computer, doesn't
        >work when I upload the files to server. Anybody know the fix for this?
        >The code I use: <A HREF="rwechapters.htm #concalls">...</A> on one page,
        ><A name="concalls">bookmark</A>

        There shouldn't be a space between rwechapters.htm and #concalls. It
        should be run together like this:

        But that would be a show stopper locally too, so I guess the space
        was just a typo in the email and the real problem is something else.
        Could you link to the page so we can have a look at it?

        Lotta
      • Tony McC
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 23 2:21 PM
          On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:44:58 -0000
          "Hanne-Lore" <handup@...> wrote:

          > I've created an internal link from one page to a specific bookmark on
          > another page. Works fine when I view it on my computer, doesn't work
          > when I upload the files to server. Anybody know the fix for this? The
          > code I use: <A HREF="rwechapters.htm #concalls">...</A> on one page,
          > <A name="concalls">bookmark</A>

          Hi, you have a space in that HREF which you probably want to remove.

          Tony

          --
        • Hanne-Lore
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 24 2:15 AM
            --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, Tony McC <afmcc@...> wrote:

            > On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:44:58 -0000
            > "Hanne-Lore" <handup@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I've created an internal link from one page to a specific bookmark on
            > > another page. Works fine when I view it on my computer, doesn't work
            > > when I upload the files to server. Anybody know the fix for this? The
            > > code I use: <A HREF="rwechapters.htm #concalls">...</A> on one page,
            > > <A name="concalls">bookmark</A>
            >
            > Hi, you have a space in that HREF which you probably want to remove.
            >
            > Tony
            >
            > --

            Thanks a lot you people! Saved me hours of extra work. Glad I joined this group. These little things catch me time and again.
            Hanne-Lore