Re: [NH] equal width column layout

  • Adrien Verlee
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 31 6:25 AM
      Op 31-mrt-10, om 15:03 heeft loro het volgende geschreven:

      > <http://css-discuss.incutio.com/wiki/Three_Column_Layouts>

      Good find!
      --
      Adrien
    • Bob Gorman
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 31 8:06 AM
        Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:

        > For some reason I cannot find a template for a CSS 3 column equal
        > *width* layout with header and footer.
        >
        > Any pointers?
        > -Mike

        Here's what I use.
        Just play with the various parameters till you get what you want;
        and delete what you don't want.
        As you can see on my main website: http://www.KnCell.org
        I make the rightcontent go away, but its still there should I ever
        decide to use it.

        at the end of my website:

        /* C:\Projects\WebSite\Draft\Bob.css */
        /* Sunday, Aug. 12, 2007 6:20 PM */
        body {
        font-family: Comic Sans MS;
        font-size: medium;
        line-height: normal;
        text-decoration: none;
        margin:10px 10px 0px 10px;
        padding:0px;
        }

        #banner {
        background:#fff;
        height:150px;
        /* border:1px solid #000; */
        }

        #leftcontent {
        position: absolute;
        left:10px;
        top:161px;
        width:150px;
        background:#fff;
        border:0px solid #000;
        }

        #centercontent {
        background:#fff;
        top:161px;
        margin-left: 151px;
        margin-right:1px;
        /* border:1px solid #000; */
        }

        #rightcontent {
        position: absolute;
        right:10px;
        top:161px;
        width:0px;
        font-size: medium;
        background:#fff;
        /* border:1px solid #000; */
        }

        And here's how I call it from my webpage:
        <LINK rel=stylesheet href="bob.css" type="text/css">

        Knowledge is NOT enough!
        Knowledge + Confidence enables Action.
        Vision + Action = Leadership!
        - Bob Gorman
        http://www.KnCell.org
        http://blog.KnCell.org

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 31 8:26 AM
          Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
          > a template for a CSS 3 column equal *width* layout

          Would you mind using hyphens? Before seeing the answers I thought you
          were talking about draft CSS3 specifications, not about a 3-column
          layout.

          The best source I have ever found is
          http://www.positioniseverything.net/index.php

          I have based my own
          http://axel.berger-odenthal.de/work/Sudel/Webdesign.htm
          on their "Jello Mold Piefecta".
          I dislike fixed layouts. The idea behind HTML was that the writer
          supplies the content and the reader determines how she wants it to look
          like and in what format window she'd like it presented. That said
          today's users are often to stupid to even resize their windows, (I've
          seen full-screen on ridiculously wide and shallow screens with lines of
          text hundredes of characters long runnning all across) so I do include
          some constraints for a maximum legible line length and such.

          A good introduction discussing many aspects is
          http://leftjustified.net/site-in-an-hour/ (best viewed with Javascript
          off IMHO).

          Axel
        • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 31 8:52 AM
            Thanks,
            I will hold out until I find something like I want or am able to change
            without hair tearing.
            -mb

            ===========
            Bob Gorman wrote:
            > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
            >>

            >> For some reason I cannot find a template for a CSS 3 column equal
            >> *width* layout with header and footer.
            >>
            >> Any pointers?
            >> -Mike
            >>
            > Here's what I use.
            > Just play with the various parameters till you get what you want;
            > and delete what you don't want.
            > As you can see on my main website: http://www.KnCell.org
            > I make the rightcontent go away, but its still there should I ever
            > decide to use it.
            >
            > at the end of my website:
            <SNIP>
          • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 31 8:53 AM
              Axel Berger wrote:
              > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
              >> a template for a CSS 3 column equal *width* layout
              >
              > Would you mind using hyphens? Before seeing the answers I thought you
              > were talking about draft CSS3 specifications, not about a 3-column
              > layout.

              Ooops!
              Back to English class I go!
              -mb

              =========================

              > The best source I have ever found is
              > http://www.positioniseverything.net/index.php
              >
              > I have based my own
              > http://axel.berger-odenthal.de/work/Sudel/Webdesign.htm
              > on their "Jello Mold Piefecta".
              > I dislike fixed layouts. The idea behind HTML was that the writer
              > supplies the content and the reader determines how she wants it to look
              > like and in what format window she'd like it presented. That said
              > today's users are often to stupid to even resize their windows, (I've
              > seen full-screen on ridiculously wide and shallow screens with lines of
              > text hundredes of characters long runnning all across) so I do include
              > some constraints for a maximum legible line length and such.
              >
              > A good introduction discussing many aspects is
              > http://leftjustified.net/site-in-an-hour/ (best viewed with Javascript
              > off IMHO).
              >
              > Axel
            • Adrien Verlee
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
                Op 31-mrt-10, om 15:18 heeft Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV het
                volgende geschreven:

                > Yep. And it sounds simple, but I keep screwing them up.

                Like in html you can change lines in "comments" in css.
                I believe it is with: /* ...here bla bla... */
                So you can experiment without destroy things. If I'm not sure, I do
                this often.
                --
                Adrien