Re: [NH] list-style-type display problem

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 42 , Mar 1, 2010
      Greg Chapman wrote:
      > Hi Mike,
      >
      > On 01 Mar 10 11:40 Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
      > <mike@...> said:
      >> Greg, if I was able to "tweak the code" I would not be emailing for
      >> help.
      >
      > Apologies! I was assuming that you had generated the code.

      I should have stated this from the very beginning to avoid confusion.

      I try and try and try to remember what I "learn" from you all and others
      but my retention is very poor and I struggle with that.
      I seemed to have hit a mental plateau of some sort. Frustrating!

      Thanks,
      -Mike

      >> I wrote neither the HTML or the CSS, so it is beyond the scope of my
      >> knowledge/experience to figure out what the rules conflicts, etc
      >> are.
      >
      > It didn't occur to me that it might be a site inherited from another
      > author.
      >
      > I've got to assume that it wasn't code you had just pasted in, because
      > then, surely, you would take it out and ask a much simpler "How do I
      > achieve the effect that you see at xxx" question.
      >
      > I find that people are much more willing to help if they think you'll
      > learn from their answer and you'll not have to ask a similar question
      > again in a couple of weeks.
      >
      > In most cases, it is foolish to present people with an "experts"
      > question and expect a "beginners" answer. It's much better to present
      > a beginners question, because then you'll get a answer designed for a
      > beginner and be able to understand it and learn from it.
      >
      > Greg

      > ---
      > Virus Database (VPS): 100301-0, 03/01/2010
      > Tested on: 3/1/2010 8:19:04 AM

      Morgantown WV

      www.EpicRoadTrips.us
    • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
      Message 42 of 42 , Mar 3, 2010
        Thanks for everyones help and ideas on this.
        -Mike