Re: [NH] list-style-type display problem

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 42 , Mar 1 5:09 AM
      Hi Mike,

      On 01 Mar 10 11:40 Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
      <mike@...> said:

      > Greg, if I was able to "tweak the code" I would not be emailing for
      > help.

      Apologies! I was assuming that you had generated the code.

      > I wrote neither the HTML or the CSS, so it is beyond the scope of my
      > knowledge/experience to figure out what the rules conflicts, etc
      > are.

      It didn't occur to me that it might be a site inherited from another
      author.

      I've got to assume that it wasn't code you had just pasted in, because
      then, surely, you would take it out and ask a much simpler "How do I
      achieve the effect that you see at xxx" question.

      I find that people are much more willing to help if they think you'll
      learn from their answer and you'll not have to ask a similar question
      again in a couple of weeks.

      In most cases, it is foolish to present people with an "experts"
      question and expect a "beginners" answer. It's much better to present
      a beginners question, because then you'll get a answer designed for a
      beginner and be able to understand it and learn from it.

      Greg
    • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
      Message 42 of 42 , Mar 3 2:30 AM
        Thanks for everyones help and ideas on this.
        -Mike