Re: [NH] OK, thanks...

  • ayla_z
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 12, 2010
      You have all been very helpful.
      I will now retreat and study all this.
      Thank you for your assistance.
      Ayla
    • Jeff S
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 13, 2010
        Yep, this is a very helpful group!

        One more thing that may help your general understanding of regular expressions, which as others have said is an especially powerful editing tool. A tutorial:

        http://gnosis.cx/publish/programming/regular_expressions.html

        Excerpt (this is important): "There are a few variations in regular expression syntax between different tools that use them. Some tools add enhanced capabilities that are not available everywhere. In general, for the simplest cases, this tutorial will use examples based around grep or sed [both Linux programs]. For a few more exotic capabilities, Perl or Python examples will be chosen. For the most part, examples will work anywhere; but check the documentation on your own tool for syntax variations and capabilities."

        A working knowledge of regular expressions will make you an editor to be reckoned with in ANY context!

        Best wishes,
        Jeff Seager

        --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "ayla_z" <Ayla2007@...> wrote:

        > You have all been very helpful.
        > I will now retreat and study all this.
        > Thank you for your assistance.
        > Ayla

      • John Shotsky
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 13, 2010
          There is also a notetab clips Yahoo group which is very helpful, and has a lot of clips available for download.

          John