Re: [NH] How do I search and replace (delete) all these?

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 12, 2010
      if is on more than one line, this will work:
      (?s)\<li\>.*?help \</li\>
      at least it does in later versions of notetab.

      One of the most significant advances in notetab has been in this exact
      area which is why I suggest you update.

      ayla_z wrote:
      > I feel foolish, but I do not know what you mean by
      > "with Regular Expression checked"
      >
      > I am using version 4.5
      > when I use ^\<li\>.*help \<\/li\>$
      > it says not found.
      >
      > here is a sample of what I am trying to get rid of
      > (there are hundreds of them):
      >
      > <li><
      > href="http://www.domain.com/example-help.p
      > hp">EXAMPLE help </li>

    • Rudolf Horbas
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 12, 2010
        Am Di, 12.01.2010, 17:44 schrieb ayla_z:

        > I feel foolish, but I do not know what you mean by
        > "with Regular Expression checked"

        You'd have to activate the option "Regular Expression" in the search dialog.

        > I am using version 4.5
        > when I use ^\<li\>.*help \<\/li\>$
        > it says not found.

        No wonder if the option mentioned above is not checked.

        I also dind't see that you're in an older version. I'm not 100 % sure, but
        in 4.5 the expression might have been:

        ^<li>.*help <\/li>$

        > here is a sample of what I am trying to get rid of
        > (there are hundreds of them):
        >
        > <li><
        > href="http://www.domain.com/example-help.p
        > hp">EXAMPLE help </li>

        * is each <li></li> in one line, or are there line breaks in between?
        In the latter case, the Regex is a bit harder.

        * are there really whitespaces before the <li>?
        In that case, the expression could be like:

        ^ *<li>.*help <\/li>$

        To the others in the list:
        For 4.5, were the line start and line end really ^ and $, or am I
        remembering this wrong?

        Maybe you really should update to version 5 ...

        Rudi