Re: [NH] Tidy Warning For

    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 6, 2009
      loro wrote:
      > > .a:link { color: blue }
      >
      > that would refer to a any element with the class a
      > but only apply to unvisited links with the class a.

      That's not how understood it. My reading is, it applies to ALL links
      unless overridden my a more specific definition like :visited that is
      defined after it. N.B: I found this rule for remebering the correct
      sequence:

      Lord Vaders Former Handle Anakin
      Link Visited Focus Hover Active

      Axel
    • Ray Shapp
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 6, 2009
        Hi Lotta,

        > It's probably better to use lang with HTML. That way you cover the
        > whole document, including TITLE.

        The "<body lang="en">" line is in the C:\asterism\gallery\weasner.htm page. It
        is not in the style sheet. Is that what you mean?

        BTW, I had intended that the subject line for this thread be "Tidy Warning
        For 'aline' Anchor Attribute", but I truncated it accidentally.

        Thanks again for all the help.

        Ray Shapp
      • Cary Driscoll
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 6, 2009
          Lotta meant the attribute should be used with the HTML tag, rather than the
          BODY tag.

          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 8, 2009
            Hi Cary,

            <<Lotta meant the attribute should be used with the HTML tag, rather than the
            BODY tag.>>

            Thank you for the clarification. I have made the correction.

            Ray Shapp
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 8, 2009
              Ray wrote:
              ><<Lotta meant the attribute should be used with the HTML tag, rather than the
              >BODY tag.>>
              >
              >Thank you for the clarification. I have made the correction.

              Just to be clear. It wasn't an error, the way you had it.You can use
              lang with almost anything. I just meant that if you intend it to be
              good for the whole document, HTML is a more logical place for it

              Lotta.
            • Ray Shapp
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 8, 2009
                Hi Lotta,

                <<I just meant that if you intend it to be good for the whole document, HTML
                is a more logical place for it>>

                Understood.

                Thank you.

                Ray Shapp