Re: [NH] Tidy Warning For

    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 6, 2009
      Ray Shapp wrote:
      >It WORKS!

      Yay! :-)

      >In all the variations of the style sheet I had tried, I preceded the "a" with
      >a period (and sometimes other stuff too) as in the following example of
      >incorrect coding:
      >
      > .a:link { color: blue }

      For the record, that would refer to a any element with the class a
      but only apply to unvisited links with the class a.

      This is one of the reasons why it's often better to show the real
      thing, just as it is. Snips get changed more often than not.

      >I also am now using the language attribute in <body lang="en">.

      It's probably better to use lang with HTML. That way you cover the
      whole document, including TITLE.

      >I have a long way to go to get good benefit from style sheets, but I
      >feel I am
      >making progress.

      You'll get there.

      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 6, 2009
        loro wrote:
        > > .a:link { color: blue }
        >
        > that would refer to a any element with the class a
        > but only apply to unvisited links with the class a.

        That's not how understood it. My reading is, it applies to ALL links
        unless overridden my a more specific definition like :visited that is
        defined after it. N.B: I found this rule for remebering the correct
        sequence:

        Lord Vaders Former Handle Anakin
        Link Visited Focus Hover Active

        Axel
      • Ray Shapp
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 6, 2009
          Hi Lotta,

          > It's probably better to use lang with HTML. That way you cover the
          > whole document, including TITLE.

          The "<body lang="en">" line is in the C:\asterism\gallery\weasner.htm page. It
          is not in the style sheet. Is that what you mean?

          BTW, I had intended that the subject line for this thread be "Tidy Warning
          For 'aline' Anchor Attribute", but I truncated it accidentally.

          Thanks again for all the help.

          Ray Shapp
        • Cary Driscoll
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 6, 2009
            Lotta meant the attribute should be used with the HTML tag, rather than the
            BODY tag.

            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 8, 2009
              Hi Cary,

              <<Lotta meant the attribute should be used with the HTML tag, rather than the
              BODY tag.>>

              Thank you for the clarification. I have made the correction.

              Ray Shapp
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 8, 2009
                Ray wrote:
                ><<Lotta meant the attribute should be used with the HTML tag, rather than the
                >BODY tag.>>
                >
                >Thank you for the clarification. I have made the correction.

                Just to be clear. It wasn't an error, the way you had it.You can use
                lang with almost anything. I just meant that if you intend it to be
                good for the whole document, HTML is a more logical place for it

                Lotta.
              • Ray Shapp
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 8, 2009
                  Hi Lotta,

                  <<I just meant that if you intend it to be good for the whole document, HTML
                  is a more logical place for it>>

                  Understood.

                  Thank you.

                  Ray Shapp