Fw: [NH] Site check => IE 8 compatility problems

  • Edward B
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 25, 2009
      On this computer the OS is XP Home Edition, and Safari displays everything.
      But in Windows IE 7.0 only the pictures, no captions to the left of the
      image. In Safari they are to the left of the image. I know you have to add
      work arounds to IE and I do that on my web pages as I want everyone to see
      the page that goes to my URL. I use "CSS The Missing Manual" by David Sawyer
      McFarland and Pogue Press O'Reilly. Helps when you want to add the
      necessary work arounds.
      Ed
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 26, 2009
        So, if I understand correctly, it looks the problem is IE 7 and IE 6, 8
        and Safari display the page correctly as does Fire Fox 3.5

        There is a conditional statement in the slide show code:

        <!--[if lte IE 7] >
        < style type="text/css" media="all" >
        @import
        "modules/mod_fpslideshow/mod_fpslideshow/templates/FSD/template_css_ie.css";

        < /style >
        < ![endif]-->

        So, it looks like there is some type of workaround being used, but it is
        not doing the job.

        I guess it is not the end of the world if this does not get fixed, but I
        to see it stay that way.

        Thanks to all.
        -Mike