Re: [NH] Site check => IE 8 compatility problems

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 25, 2009
      bruce.somers@... wrote:
      > Mike Breiding wrote:

      >> This site: http://www.deckerscreek.org/ will not display slide show captions in IE 8.
      >>

      > It is really funny then, that users are advised to 'upgrade' to Internet Explorer 8 there!

      I am a big dummy!!
      I am using IE 7 and the captions will not display in that version.
      I can only assume it displays properly in IE 8.

      Sorry for the confusion!
      -Mike
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 25, 2009
        bruce.somers@... wrote:
        > I would certainly use IE 8. It is the first version of IE that
        > has acceptable support of CSS.

        Exactly, it is just about standards compliant. So when I need to check
        whether a design of mine needs some extra adjustment for IE I use a
        version with many problems. And that is just about all that IE is for
        here anyway.

        Axel
      • Cary Driscoll
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 25, 2009
          The captions are working in IE8, FF3 and Safari 4. It may be that the
          javascript is using CSS that older versions of IE don't support correctly.

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 25, 2009
            Cary Driscoll wrote:
            >The captions are working in IE8, FF3 and Safari 4. It may be that the
            >javascript is using CSS that older versions of IE don't support correctly.

            Nope. Works in IE6 also.