Re: [NH] Site check => IE 8 compatility problems

  • bruce.somers@web.de
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 25, 2009
      Mike Breiding wrote:

      > This site: http://www.deckerscreek.org/ will not display slide show captions in IE 8.

      It is really funny then, that users are advised to 'upgrade' to Internet Explorer 8 there!

      Bruce
    • bruce.somers@web.de
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 25, 2009
        Axel Berger wrote

        > way to make friends. My standard IE by the way is 5.5.

        Oh dear. If I were to use IE, I would certainly use IE 8. It is the first version of IE that has acceptable support of CSS.

        Bruce
      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 25, 2009
          bruce.somers@... wrote:
          > Mike Breiding wrote:

          >> This site: http://www.deckerscreek.org/ will not display slide show captions in IE 8.
          >>

          > It is really funny then, that users are advised to 'upgrade' to Internet Explorer 8 there!

          I am a big dummy!!
          I am using IE 7 and the captions will not display in that version.
          I can only assume it displays properly in IE 8.

          Sorry for the confusion!
          -Mike
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 25, 2009
            bruce.somers@... wrote:
            > I would certainly use IE 8. It is the first version of IE that
            > has acceptable support of CSS.

            Exactly, it is just about standards compliant. So when I need to check
            whether a design of mine needs some extra adjustment for IE I use a
            version with many problems. And that is just about all that IE is for
            here anyway.

            Axel
          • Cary Driscoll
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 25, 2009
              The captions are working in IE8, FF3 and Safari 4. It may be that the
              javascript is using CSS that older versions of IE don't support correctly.

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 25, 2009
                Cary Driscoll wrote:
                >The captions are working in IE8, FF3 and Safari 4. It may be that the
                >javascript is using CSS that older versions of IE don't support correctly.

                Nope. Works in IE6 also.