Re: [NH] .html version displaying different than .php version in IE 8

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 25, 2009
      Hi
      when viewed in IE7 one version has text lined up with left edge of pictures
      the other is in the center ???
      THANKYOU DAVE M

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 25, 2009
        I misspoke previously, I am using IE 7, *not* 8
        Thanks,
        -Mike

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 26, 2009
          Dave wrote:
          > Hi
          > when viewed in IE7 one version has text lined up with left edge of pictures
          > the other is in the center ???
          > THANKYOU DAVE M

          Yes, that is the issues.

          Thanks,
          -Mike

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 26, 2009
            Mike wrote:
            >Page with non PHP top menu and php bottom menu and footer:
            >http://epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.html
            >When viewed in IE 8 the two columns are jammed together.

            Did you remove that page or is the URL wrong?

            Lotta
          • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 26, 2009
              loro wrote:
              > Mike wrote:
              >> Page with non PHP top menu and php bottom menu and footer:
              >> http://epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.html
              >> When viewed in IE 8 the two columns are jammed together.
              >
              > Did you remove that page or is the URL wrong?

              Ooops...
              It is back.

              Thanks,
              -Mike

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 26, 2009
                Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
                >Ooops...
                >It is back.

                Well, I don't know, but the documents are not the same. To start
                with, the HTML one validated (Congratulations! ;-) ) while the PHP
                one is a mess.

                <http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/validate.cgi?url=http%3A//epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.php&warnings=yes&input=yes>

                <http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/validate.cgi?url=http%3A//epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.html&warnings=yes&input=yes>

                To start with, there is a PHP error in the source of the PHP page
                Gosh, I've never seen THAT before.

                Warning: include(header.php): failed to open stream: No such file or
                directory in
                /hsphere/local/home/mbreidin/epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.php
                on line 13

                Warning: include(): Failed opening 'header.php' for inclusion
                (include_path='.:/hsphere/shared/apache/libexec/php5ext/php/') in
                /hsphere/local/home/mbreidin/epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.php
                on line 13
                -->

                So that header.php is never included. On the other hand its content
                doesn't seem to be used in the HTML version either.

                Look at the PHP page (in a browser). In the menu you have

                Week 2
                Week 3Week 2
                Week 3

                That can't be design. I think it comes from that you have commented
                out a bunch of LIs, but the comment is screwed up because the closing
                tag for LI right before it lacks the closing ">". It's at line 203 or
                thereabout.

                I don't know if the fact that the menu is broader on the PHP page
                (because of the above) causes the difference you ask about, but it's
                place to start anyway. There are other oddities too.

                Lotta
              • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 26, 2009
                  loro wrote:
                  > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
                  >> Ooops...
                  >> It is back.
                  >
                  > Well, I don't know, but the documents are not the same. To start
                  > with, the HTML one validated (Congratulations! ;-) ) while the PHP
                  > one is a mess.
                  >
                  > <http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/validate.cgi?url=http%3A//epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.php&warnings=yes&input=yes>
                  >
                  > <http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/validate.cgi?url=http%3A//epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.html&warnings=yes&input=yes>
                  >

                  > To start with, there is a PHP error in the source of the PHP page
                  > Gosh, I've never seen THAT before.

                  > Warning: include(header.php): failed to open stream: No such file or
                  > directory in
                  > /hsphere/local/home/mbreidin/epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.php
                  > on line 13
                  >
                  > Warning: include(): Failed opening 'header.php' for inclusion
                  > (include_path='.:/hsphere/shared/apache/libexec/php5ext/php/') in
                  > /hsphere/local/home/mbreidin/epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.php
                  > on line 13
                  > -->

                  I have never seen this error show up.
                  The 'header.php' was a commented line so I don't know why it would
                  generate an error.
                  However, I removed the comment.

                  > So that header.php is never included. On the other hand its content
                  > doesn't seem to be used in the HTML version either.
                  >
                  > Look at the PHP page (in a browser). In the menu you have
                  >
                  > Week 2
                  > Week 3Week 2
                  > Week 3
                  >
                  > That can't be design. I think it comes from that you have commented
                  > out a bunch of LIs, but the comment is screwed up because the closing
                  > tag for LI right before it lacks the closing ">". It's at line 203 or
                  > thereabout.

                  I *think* I got the php menu comments cleaned up.
                  But, the <br> is still in there as I cannot see another way to get a
                  line break in menu.

                  The "Error: ID currentpage already defined" always generates errors.
                  I have tried changing over to classes to avoid this, but I never seem to
                  get anywhere.

                  Here are the php menus in case that might help.
                  http://epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/php-menus.txt

                  Where to go from here?

                  Thanks,
                  -Mike