.html version displaying different than .php version in IE 8

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 25, 2009
      These two versions of the same page are displaying differently in IE 8.

      Original page with PHP menus and footer includes:
      http://epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.php
      Column separation OK

      Page with non PHP top menu and php bottom menu and footer:
      http://epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.html
      When viewed in IE 8 the two columns are jammed together.

      There are screen shot are here:
      http://epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/php-html/

      Thanks,
      -Mike
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 25, 2009
        Hi
        when viewed in IE7 one version has text lined up with left edge of pictures
        the other is in the center ???
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 25, 2009
          I misspoke previously, I am using IE 7, *not* 8
          Thanks,
          -Mike

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 26, 2009
            Dave wrote:
            > Hi
            > when viewed in IE7 one version has text lined up with left edge of pictures
            > the other is in the center ???
            > THANKYOU DAVE M

            Yes, that is the issues.

            Thanks,
            -Mike

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 26, 2009
              Mike wrote:
              >Page with non PHP top menu and php bottom menu and footer:
              >http://epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.html
              >When viewed in IE 8 the two columns are jammed together.

              Did you remove that page or is the URL wrong?

              Lotta
            • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 26, 2009
                loro wrote:
                > Mike wrote:
                >> Page with non PHP top menu and php bottom menu and footer:
                >> http://epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.html
                >> When viewed in IE 8 the two columns are jammed together.
                >
                > Did you remove that page or is the URL wrong?

                Ooops...
                It is back.

                Thanks,
                -Mike

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 26, 2009
                  Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
                  >Ooops...
                  >It is back.

                  Well, I don't know, but the documents are not the same. To start
                  with, the HTML one validated (Congratulations! ;-) ) while the PHP
                  one is a mess.

                  <http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/validate.cgi?url=http%3A//epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.php&warnings=yes&input=yes>

                  <http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/validate.cgi?url=http%3A//epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.html&warnings=yes&input=yes>

                  To start with, there is a PHP error in the source of the PHP page
                  Gosh, I've never seen THAT before.

                  Warning: include(header.php): failed to open stream: No such file or
                  directory in
                  /hsphere/local/home/mbreidin/epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.php
                  on line 13

                  Warning: include(): Failed opening 'header.php' for inclusion
                  (include_path='.:/hsphere/shared/apache/libexec/php5ext/php/') in
                  /hsphere/local/home/mbreidin/epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.php
                  on line 13
                  -->

                  So that header.php is never included. On the other hand its content
                  doesn't seem to be used in the HTML version either.

                  Look at the PHP page (in a browser). In the menu you have

                  Week 2
                  Week 3Week 2
                  Week 3

                  That can't be design. I think it comes from that you have commented
                  out a bunch of LIs, but the comment is screwed up because the closing
                  tag for LI right before it lacks the closing ">". It's at line 203 or
                  thereabout.

                  I don't know if the fact that the menu is broader on the PHP page
                  (because of the above) causes the difference you ask about, but it's
                  place to start anyway. There are other oddities too.

                  Lotta
                • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 26, 2009
                    loro wrote:
                    > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
                    >> Ooops...
                    >> It is back.
                    >
                    > Well, I don't know, but the documents are not the same. To start
                    > with, the HTML one validated (Congratulations! ;-) ) while the PHP
                    > one is a mess.
                    >
                    > <http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/validate.cgi?url=http%3A//epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.php&warnings=yes&input=yes>
                    >
                    > <http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/validate.cgi?url=http%3A//epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.html&warnings=yes&input=yes>
                    >

                    > To start with, there is a PHP error in the source of the PHP page
                    > Gosh, I've never seen THAT before.

                    > Warning: include(header.php): failed to open stream: No such file or
                    > directory in
                    > /hsphere/local/home/mbreidin/epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.php
                    > on line 13
                    >
                    > Warning: include(): Failed opening 'header.php' for inclusion
                    > (include_path='.:/hsphere/shared/apache/libexec/php5ext/php/') in
                    > /hsphere/local/home/mbreidin/epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/index.php
                    > on line 13
                    > -->

                    I have never seen this error show up.
                    The 'header.php' was a commented line so I don't know why it would
                    generate an error.
                    However, I removed the comment.

                    > So that header.php is never included. On the other hand its content
                    > doesn't seem to be used in the HTML version either.
                    >
                    > Look at the PHP page (in a browser). In the menu you have
                    >
                    > Week 2
                    > Week 3Week 2
                    > Week 3
                    >
                    > That can't be design. I think it comes from that you have commented
                    > out a bunch of LIs, but the comment is screwed up because the closing
                    > tag for LI right before it lacks the closing ">". It's at line 203 or
                    > thereabout.

                    I *think* I got the php menu comments cleaned up.
                    But, the <br> is still in there as I cannot see another way to get a
                    line break in menu.

                    The "Error: ID currentpage already defined" always generates errors.
                    I have tried changing over to classes to avoid this, but I never seem to
                    get anywhere.

                    Here are the php menus in case that might help.
                    http://epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d1/php-menus.txt

                    Where to go from here?

                    Thanks,
                    -Mike