Re: [NH] Site check => IE 8 compatility problems

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 25, 2009
      Hi
      The only thing I could find the images are not the same size because the
      text on the left side vanishes
      underneath the edge IE7
      THANKYOU DAVE M

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 25, 2009
        Thanks for checking this.
        This is most unfortunate as their previous site was compatible with IE 6.0.

        -Mike
        =============

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 25, 2009
          Thanks, Davit.
          -Mike
          ================

        • bruce.somers@web.de
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 25, 2009
            Mike Breiding wrote:

            > This site: http://www.deckerscreek.org/ will not display slide show captions in IE 8.

            It is really funny then, that users are advised to 'upgrade' to Internet Explorer 8 there!

            Bruce
          • bruce.somers@web.de
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 25, 2009
              Axel Berger wrote

              > way to make friends. My standard IE by the way is 5.5.

              Oh dear. If I were to use IE, I would certainly use IE 8. It is the first version of IE that has acceptable support of CSS.

              Bruce
            • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 25, 2009
                bruce.somers@... wrote:
                > Mike Breiding wrote:

                >> This site: http://www.deckerscreek.org/ will not display slide show captions in IE 8.
                >>

                > It is really funny then, that users are advised to 'upgrade' to Internet Explorer 8 there!

                I am a big dummy!!
                I am using IE 7 and the captions will not display in that version.
                I can only assume it displays properly in IE 8.

                Sorry for the confusion!
                -Mike
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 25, 2009
                  bruce.somers@... wrote:
                  > I would certainly use IE 8. It is the first version of IE that
                  > has acceptable support of CSS.

                  Exactly, it is just about standards compliant. So when I need to check
                  whether a design of mine needs some extra adjustment for IE I use a
                  version with many problems. And that is just about all that IE is for
                  here anyway.

                  Axel
                • Cary Driscoll
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 25, 2009
                    The captions are working in IE8, FF3 and Safari 4. It may be that the
                    javascript is using CSS that older versions of IE don't support correctly.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 25, 2009
                      Cary Driscoll wrote:
                      >The captions are working in IE8, FF3 and Safari 4. It may be that the
                      >javascript is using CSS that older versions of IE don't support correctly.

                      Nope. Works in IE6 also.