Re: [NH] Forcing a "tool tip" line break in FireFox

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 9, 2009
      Greg Chapman wrote:
      > Hi Mike,
      >
      > On 08 Sep 09 12:25 Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
      > <mike@...> said:
      >> I use the carriage return entity for line breaks in the Title
      >> of my menu selections.
      >
      > I think you'll find it's invalid XHTML (and HTML) which is almost
      > certainly why FF doesn't like it.
      >
      > (I'm sure someone with the right quotes from the definitive sources
      > will show up soon!)
      >
      > Your page has 45 validation errors that show up.
      >

      > http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fepicroadtrips.us%2F2009%2Fsept%2Fca%2Fd1%2F

      I am making progress. There are now "only" 12 validation errors.

      The errors "ID "currentpage" already defined" - I know the culprit. It
      is in the PHP menus.

      The rest I do not understand.

      And how do you find the "Column" referred to?

      I find the error messages very difficult to nearly impossible to comprehend.
      Such as:
      "Error Line 48, Column 13: XML Parsing Error: Opening and ending tag
      mismatch: div line 43 and blockquote

      I don't see the problem it is referring to. Grrr...!
      -mb
      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 9, 2009
        Mike wrote:
        >Interesting. How such a little thing can cause so much hassle.

        As Axel said, don't let the number of errors scare you.

        > > See? Not that hard, was it? :-)
        >
        >Right now I am bleeding out the ears...

        No you aren't. :-)