Re: [NH] Forcing a "tool tip" line break in FireFox

  • Marcelo Bastos
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 8, 2009
      Interviewed by CNN on 8/9/2009 14:35, Greg Chapman told the world:
      > It took me a large number of years before I finally came to terms with
      > the fact that TIDY is not a validator, but spends most of its time
      > just prettying code, not checking that it conforms to standards.

      Yeah, it's not a real validator, although it can work as a
      quick-and-dirty first-pass sanity check -- it doesn't get everything,
      but it will get a lot, and it works almost instantaneously (from inside
      NoteTab, yet), so it's very useful for the early debugging stages.

      My procedure is roughly this:

      Edit code.
      Save.
      RunTidy
      Check Tidy error log.
      If errors found
      reload pre-Tidy code
      GOTO TOP
      else
      Save "Tidied" code.
      Check code in a validator.
      If errors found
      GOTO TOP
      else
      Beer time!

      Marcelo
      -=-=-
      Hard disk is burning:(A)utodestroy,(C)ry baby,(S)uicide?
      * TagZilla 0.066.1 on Seamonkey 1.1.18
      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 9, 2009
        Mike wrote:
        >Interesting. How such a little thing can cause so much hassle.

        As Axel said, don't let the number of errors scare you.

        > > See? Not that hard, was it? :-)
        >
        >Right now I am bleeding out the ears...

        No you aren't. :-)