Re: [NH] Forcing a "tool tip" line break in FireFox

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 8, 2009
      Hi Mike,

      On 08 Sep 09 12:25 Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
      <mike@...> said:
      > I use the carriage return entity for line breaks in the Title
      > of my menu selections.

      I think you'll find it's invalid XHTML (and HTML) which is almost
      certainly why FF doesn't like it.

      (I'm sure someone with the right quotes from the definitive sources
      will show up soon!)

      Your page has 45 validation errors that show up.

      http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fepicroadtrips.us%2F2009%2Fsept%2Fca%2Fd1%2F

      This page shows two:

      <head>
      http-equiv="content-type">
      <title>Test</title>
      </head>
      Reference">liam@...</a>

      (The inserted carriage return appears to wreck the closing tags)

      I think you had better think it out again!

      Greg
      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 9, 2009
        Mike wrote:
        >Interesting. How such a little thing can cause so much hassle.

        As Axel said, don't let the number of errors scare you.

        > > See? Not that hard, was it? :-)
        >
        >Right now I am bleeding out the ears...

        No you aren't. :-)