Re: [NH] NoteTab 6.1 sample files in Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Greek, Hebrew, and more

  • Gerard Huijing
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2009
      Eric Fookes wrote:

      > Hi everyone,
      >
      > For those of you who would like to test the new file-handling
      > capabilities of NoteTab 6.1, please download the following file:
      >
      > http://www.notetab.com/ftp/sample_files.zip
      > <http://www.notetab.com/ftp/sample_files.zip>
      >
      > It contains plain text and HTML files based on a variety of character
      > sets (Arabic, Chinese, Cyrillic, Greek, Hebrew, etc.) Their purpose is
      > to demonstrate how NoteTab 6 can handle text based on different Windows
      > code pages.

      Hi Eric,

      Could you gives us an indication of what you want the members of the NTB
      boards to test?
      The Greek and Hebrew sample pages are displayed correctly, no problem
      there.
      However, using NTB features on the text reveal several problems. But
      then, maybe you do not expect these to be tested at all (yet).

      Cheers,
      Gerard

      --
      Gerard (E.G.P.) Huijing
      2312 ZD Leiden
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 10, 2009
        Hi Gerard,

        > Could you gives us an indication of what you want the members of the NTB
        > boards to test?

        The purpose of those files is not for beta testing NoteTab. They are
        simply available to users who would like to experiment with the new code
        page capabilities of version 6.

        > The Greek and Hebrew sample pages are displayed correctly, no problem
        > there.
        > However, using NTB features on the text reveal several problems. But
        > then, maybe you do not expect these to be tested at all (yet).

        If you find issues that are not documented in the Help and Whatsnew.txt
        files, then please send your description through our support form:

        http://www.notetab.com/support.php

        Eric Fookes
        http://www.fookes.com/