Re: [NH] External CSS Style Sheet for Top Page

  • Margaret Peloquin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 6, 2009
      I've had good luck with the sample CSS templates from this site:
      http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/layouts/category/C9/

      In addition, when you need to either refresh your knowledge or help to solve a
      particular coding issue, this is a good site to consult:
      http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

      --
      === Margaret Peloquin, Head Librarian Eastview ===
      === Austin Community College, Austin, Texas ===
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 6, 2009
        Hi Margaret,

        Thanks for reference to the great sites. I've spent hours just a-clickin' and
        a-tryin'.

        I tried to adopt the RGB to HEX converter at
        http://www.javascripter.net/faq/index.htm to change the background color to
        the color that the user enters. The conversion to HEX works fine, but the
        background changes to black regardless of what RGB codes were entered.

        Maybe you can see my error in the following:

        <script type="text/javascript">
        function RGBtoHex(R,G,B) {return toHex(R)+toHex(G)+toHex(B)}
        function toHex(N) {
        if (N==null) return "00";
        N=parseInt(N); if (N==0 || isNaN(N)) return "00";
        N=Math.max(0,N); N=Math.min(N,255); N=Math.round(N);
        RGBcode="0123456789ABCDEF".charAt((N-N%16)/16)
        + "0123456789ABCDEF".charAt(N%16);
        document.bgColor=RGBcode;
        return RGBcode;
        }