Re: External CSS Style Sheet for Top Page

  • Ray Shapp
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 6, 2009
      Hi Axel,

      Thank you for the quick reply.

      I am a novice CSS user. I worked through a tutorial several years ago, but
      that's the extent of my experience. Each part of the info in the LeftJustified
      site was understandable, but I don't see how to put it all together. The Jello
      mold pages turned my mind to Jello. Maybe I'm too sleepy right now. I'll give
      it another shot again later.

      BTW, I didn't think my question was very simple, but I was hoping for a simple
      answer.

      Regards,

      Ray Shapp

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 6, 2009
        I've had good luck with the sample CSS templates from this site:
        http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/layouts/category/C9/

        In addition, when you need to either refresh your knowledge or help to solve a
        particular coding issue, this is a good site to consult:
        http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

        --
        === Margaret Peloquin, Head Librarian Eastview ===
        === Austin Community College, Austin, Texas ===
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2009
          Hi Margaret,

          Thanks for reference to the great sites. I've spent hours just a-clickin' and
          a-tryin'.

          I tried to adopt the RGB to HEX converter at
          http://www.javascripter.net/faq/index.htm to change the background color to
          the color that the user enters. The conversion to HEX works fine, but the
          background changes to black regardless of what RGB codes were entered.

          Maybe you can see my error in the following:

          <script type="text/javascript">
          function RGBtoHex(R,G,B) {return toHex(R)+toHex(G)+toHex(B)}
          function toHex(N) {
          if (N==null) return "00";
          N=parseInt(N); if (N==0 || isNaN(N)) return "00";
          N=Math.max(0,N); N=Math.min(N,255); N=Math.round(N);
          RGBcode="0123456789ABCDEF".charAt((N-N%16)/16)
          + "0123456789ABCDEF".charAt(N%16);
          document.bgColor=RGBcode;
          return RGBcode;
          }