Re: Open a Folder of PDF files

  • Ray Shapp
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 3, 2009
      Hi Axel,

      Thanks for your valuable rule of thumb.

      You make a good point about the disparate ways in which my users interact with
      the newsletter. If I can't find a way to store only one copy of the content
      each month and if I can't find a less labor-intensive way of editing the
      product, I will probably drop this question and continue with the methods with
      which I am familiar and with which my readers are comfortable.

      Also, I may need to stick with the current method because I don't see any
      solution to the problems with citations if the articles are not presented in a
      traditional newsletter format. Currently one can refer to a graph or a passage
      or any other part of an article by citing only the issue date and page number.
      If the articles are in separate files (of whatever format), they will not have
      consecutive pagination from one article to the next. It will then be necessary
      to cite title along with issue date plus the page number within that document.
      The alternative would be to begin the pagination of each article after the
      first one with a page number that is one greater than the final page number of
      the preceding article.

      This discussion is drifting off topic for an HTML group.

      Ray Shapp