Re: [NH] Re: Newbie questions

    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 8, 2009
      John Wallace wrote:
      > Axel, could you expand on that?

      Bruce has already written about taking text from somewhere and
      making HTML of it. I could say more but that would mean posting my
      clips. These are quite difficult to come to grips with. I have found
      it much easier to start with something very basic and let your own
      clips grow than to try to start with someone else's elaborate ones.

      Axel
    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 8, 2009
        --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, "John Wallace" <johnta1@...> wrote:

        > Axel, could you expand on that?
        >
        > Does it require a separate file to do it your way?

        I also have NoteTab generate text files by default.
        When I'm ready to create a new html document, below is the custom template I use (File/Template/Open).
        One caveat, I would give the template a unique name instead of just "HTML", that way it won't be overwritten the next time you install a new version of NoteTab.

        John

        = DocTemplate ClipCode "NoName%0.2d.html"
        ; Get a couple things first
        ^!Set %DOCTITLE%=^?[Enter Web Page Title]
        ^!Set %DOCTYPE%=^?[(T=L;H=2) Transitional or Strict?=_Transitional^=<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">|Strict^=<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">]

        ;Now build the document

        ^%DOCTYPE%
        <head>
        <title>^%DOCTITLE%</title>

        </head>

        ; PUT CURSOR AT THE BEGINNING OF THE BODY SECTION

        ^!Jump DOC_START
        ^!Find <body>
        ^!Jump +1