Re: [NH] browser.com

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2008
      Edward wrote:
      > Hi everyone,
      > This is the Browser.dat that I have on my computer. IE is corrupted
      > and will not work but when I select "Browser" or "Other Browser: Avant
      > automatically opens and displays the html page. How is that possible.
      > Is it because that I use Avant as my default browser.
      >
      > I have since download Maxthon2 which I really like for the little time
      > that I have been using it. It may become my default soon. I also have
      > FireFox 3. I was having and am now problem with getting Opera to run
      > as my Other Browser as it cannot be found by the computer as when I
      select
      > it Avant comes up, while before I downloaded Avant a box came up that
      said
      > Opera cannot be found on this computer.

      >-------browser.dat------
      [ie]
      Command="C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome
      UseDDE=0
      Application="C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.Exe"
      DdeCommand=0
      DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
      Topic=WWW_OpenURL
      Application_New=
      DdeExec_New=
      Topic_New=

      [Opera]
      Command="C:\insert path to Opera\Opera.exe"
      UseDDE=0
      Application="C:\insert path to Opera\Opera.exe"
      DdeCommand=0
      DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
      Topic=WWW_OpenURL
      Application_New=
      DdeExec_New=
      Topic_New=

      [Maxthon]
      Command="C:\insert path to Maxthon\Maxthon.exe"
      UseDDE=0
      Application="C:\insert path to Maxthon\Maxthon.exe"
      DdeCommand=0
      DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
      Topic=WWW_OpenURL
      Application_New=
      DdeExec_New=
      Topic_New=

      Ed,

      For your first problem, if IE can't be started the logical thing for the
      OS to do is to
      start the default browser. I'm pretty sure that's your trouble.

      If the software is having that much trouble finding the browsers you
      should probably verify the path to each browser.

      Try using the modified browsers.dat above, verify the paths are correct,
      if so, the browsers should start.

      ºvº SL_day# 346 - created 2008.12.11_18.25.48

      World's Shortest Books
      • Detroit - A Travel Guide

      € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com