Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [NH] browser problems

Expand Messages
  • hsavage
    ... Ed, The, more or less, default way to choose which browsers are used is by editing the file browsers.dat in NoteTab s main folder. If you examine that
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 8, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      Edward wrote:
      > I just looked in NoteTab.ini and could not find where you set up your
      > choice of browser in the browser and other browser. My "other browser"
      > works great but I cannot view the HTML in the "browser" It should be
      > Internet Explorer but it will not work. I would like to see how it is
      > setup when I make the choice of the firt browser.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Ed Brown

      Ed,

      The, more or less, default way to choose which browsers are used is by
      editing the
      file 'browsers.dat' in NoteTab's main folder. If you examine that file
      you can see the
      method used. If you need more entries than are already in the file just
      copy and paste
      multiple entries into browsers.dat, edit the name in the brackets and
      the appropriate
      paths in each sections and most browsers can be used with 'F8' and
      Shift+F8, that is,
      'View in browser' and 'Other browsers'.

      As of now I have six browsers to choose from, had 7 before I uninstalled
      the 'Chrome' browser.

      ·············································
      ºvº SL_day# 344 - created 2008.12.09_00.02.05

      World's Shortest Books
      • America's Most Popular Lawyers

      € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
    • Edward
      ... From: hsavage To: Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 12:13 AM Subject: Re: [NH] browser problems ... hsavage
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 9, 2008
      • 0 Attachment
        ----- Original Message -----
        From: "hsavage" <hsavage@...>
        To: <ntb-html@yahoogroups.com>
        Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 12:13 AM
        Subject: Re: [NH] browser problems


        Edward wrote:
        > I just looked in NoteTab.ini and could not find where you set up your
        > choice of browser in the browser and other browser. My "other browser"
        > works great but I cannot view the HTML in the "browser" It should be
        > Internet Explorer but it will not work. I would like to see how it is
        > setup when I make the choice of the firt browser.
        >
        > Thanks
        > Ed Brown

        hsavage wrote;
        >Ed,

        >The, more or less, default way to choose which browsers are used is by
        editing the file 'browsers.dat' in NoteTab's main folder. If you examine
        that file
        you can see the method used. If you need more entries than are already in
        the file just
        copy and paste multiple entries into browsers.dat, edit the name in the
        brackets and
        the appropriate paths in each sections and most browsers can be used with
        'F8' and
        Shift+F8, that is, 'View in browser' and 'Other browsers'.

        >As of now I have six browsers to choose from, had 7 before I uninstalled
        the 'Chrome' browser.

        hsavage,
        Strange I did not have browsers.dat. I must have inadvertently deleted it. I
        downloaded Light and copied the browser.dat into this program. I am not
        familar with all the terms. I wonder if someone could explain the lines in
        the following browser.dat.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        [ie]
        Command=iexplore.exe -nohome
        UseDDE=1
        Application=IExplore
        DdeCommand=
        DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
        Topic=WWW_OpenURL
        Application_New=
        DdeExec_New=
        Topic_New=

        [Opera9]
        ;Add full path to Opera.exe file name below if you have several versions of
        the browser
        Command=Opera.exe
        UseDDE=1
        Application=Opera
        DdeCommand=Opera.exe /nowin /e

        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------w
        I may not need to know the details but what to the following items mean
        under the IE or "Browser".
        `nohome >line 1
        DdeCommand= >line 4
        DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,, >line 5

        [Opera9] >evidently is to open the browser Opera version 9
        ;Add full path to Opera.exe file name below if you have several versions of
        the browser >Line 1 under [Opera9] I only have 1 version of Opera and
        FireFox and I keep them up todate with all the latest updates.
        Command=Opera.exe >line 2 evidently executes the opening of the Opera
        browser
        UseDDE=1 >line 3 why the =1 here and in IE
        DdeCommand=Opera.exe /nowin /e >line 5 what does the "/nowin' perform? and
        also the " /e"

        No where do I see a complete full path to Opera.
        I would like to add FireFox also, and see the code that I would have to use
        including the direct path to FireFox.exe
        which I think would look something like this in my case E: is what I use on
        this computer, on the other two computers I use the Light version and C: E:
        Program Files\Notetab Pro\Notetab.exe. I do not see that in the above code
        of browser.dat, so how does the program find "browser" IE, and in my case
        "Other Browser" I see no direct path to those two browsers. Once I
        understand that I can then add my other browsers.
        Ed



        Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com/
        NoteTab website: http://www.notetab.com/
        NoteTab Discussion Lists: http://www.notetab.com/groups.php

        ***
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • hsavage
        ... to use ... use on ... above code ... case ... Ed, Previously I said I have six browsers to use, but had 7 before I uninstalled the Chrome browser. Make
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 9, 2008
        • 0 Attachment
          > I may not need to know the details but what to the following items mean
          > under the IE or "Browser".
          > `nohome >line 1
          > DdeCommand= >line 4
          > DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,, >line 5
          >
          >
          > No where do I see a complete full path to Opera.
          > I would like to add FireFox also, and see the code that I would have
          to use
          > including the direct path to FireFox.exe
          > which I think would look something like this in my case E: is what I
          use on
          > this computer, on the other two computers I use the Light version and
          C: E:
          > Program Files\Notetab Pro\Notetab.exe. I do not see that in the
          above code
          > of browser.dat, so how does the program find "browser" IE, and in my
          case
          > "Other Browser" I see no direct path to those two browsers. Once I
          > understand that I can then add my other browsers.
          > Ed

          Ed,

          Previously I said I have six browsers to use, but had 7 before I
          uninstalled the 'Chrome' browser. Make that 8 browsers because I also
          uninstalled 'Safari'.

          Below is an entry for 'Opera' in 'browsers.dat', numbers added for clarity.

          1. [OPERA]
          2. Command="C:\I-Net\Opera\Opera.Exe"
          3. UseDDE=0
          4. Application="C:\I-Net\Opera\Opera.Exe"
          5. DdeCommand=0
          6. DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
          7. Topic=WWW_OpenURL
          8. Application_New=
          9. DdeExec_New=
          10. Topic_New=

          It makes no difference what you '[name]' the entry as long as you use
          that name when referencing that browser when using 'F8' and 'Shift+F8'.

          All my 'browsers.dat' entries are identical except for lines 1, 2, 4,
          and they all work correctly. You will have to locate the executables
          and furnish the paths for the dat file.

          You should be able to do that using the 'Find File' function with
          'Windows Explorer' or other file manager.

          About the questions at the top, the 'command line parameter' -nohome, I
          think prevents 'IE' from opening to a pre-selected 'homepage'. The
          'DdeCommand=0' and 'DdeExec=whatever' have to do with 'Dynamic Data
          Exchange' of which I'm not sure it is. Mine all work set as above.

          ·············································
          ºvº SL_day# 344 - created 2008.12.09_10.18.46

          World's Shortest Books
          • America's Most Popular Lawyers

          € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
        • Edward
          ... uninstalled the Chrome browser. Make that 8 browsers because I also uninstalled Safari . ... 1. [OPERA] 2. Command= C: I-Net Opera Opera.Exe 3.
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 9, 2008
          • 0 Attachment
            hsavage wrote:

            >Ed,

            >Previously I said I have six browsers to use, but had 7 before I
            uninstalled the 'Chrome' browser. Make that 8 browsers because I also
            uninstalled 'Safari'.

            >Below is an entry for 'Opera' in 'browsers.dat', numbers added for clarity.

            1. [OPERA]
            2. Command="C:\I-Net\Opera\Opera.Exe"
            3. UseDDE=0
            4. Application="C:\I-Net\Opera\Opera.Exe"
            5. DdeCommand=0
            6. DdeExec="%1",,%2,0,,,,
            7. Topic=WWW_OpenURL
            8. Application_New=
            9. DdeExec_New=
            10. Topic_New=

            >It makes no difference what you '[name]' the entry as long as you use
            that name when referencing that browser when using 'F8' and 'Shift+F8'.

            >All my 'browsers.dat' entries are identical except for lines 1, 2, 4,
            and they all work correctly. You will have to locate the executables
            and furnish the paths for the dat file.

            >You should be able to do that using the 'Find File' function with
            'Windows Explorer' or other file manager.

            >About the questions at the top, the 'command line parameter' -nohome, I
            think prevents 'IE' from opening to a pre-selected 'homepage'. The
            'DdeCommand=0' and 'DdeExec=whatever' have to do with 'Dynamic Data
            Exchange' of which I'm not sure it is. Mine all work set as above.

            ·············································

            One last question, we have tabs 'F8' and 'shift+F8, that gets us our Browser
            and the Other Browser, if we have 3 or more browsers how do we choose the
            one we want using shift+F8?
            ed






            Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com/
            NoteTab website: http://www.notetab.com/
            NoteTab Discussion Lists: http://www.notetab.com/groups.php

            ***
            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • hsavage
            Edward wrote: ... Browser ... Ed, You can either go into View Options Internet and switch them manually or use a clip similar to the one I wrote that
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 9, 2008
            • 0 Attachment
              Edward wrote:
              Edward wrote:
              > hsavage wrote:
              >
              >> Ed,
              > One last question, we have tabs 'F8' and 'shift+F8, that gets us our
              Browser
              > and the Other Browser, if we have 3 or more browsers how do we choose the
              > one we want using shift+F8?
              > ed

              Ed,

              You can either go into 'View > Options > Internet' and switch them
              manually or use a clip similar to the one I wrote that will give access
              to all the entries you want that are in 'browsers.dat.'

              Since this is about browsers and using a clip is necessary it should be
              OK to include it here. You'll have to edit the entries in the '^!Set
              %browser%=' line to coincide with the entry names in you dat file.

              Any questions about the clip please respond on the 'clips list'.

              -----------------------
              H="Multi-Browsers"
              ; • Modified-Updated~Created_2008.09.28
              ; • hrs ø hsavage·pobox·com_11:22:14a
              ; • Uses Browsers.Dat File Entries
              ^!SetWizardWidth 100
              ^!SetWizardTitle "Select ALTERNATE Browsers"
              ^!SetWizardLabel "PICK A BROWSER,^%nL%MAY SELECT MORE THAN ONE -"
              ^!SetListDelimiter |
              ;
              ; • for more browsers.dat entries add vbar delimiter and name
              ; • to end of next line inside the quotes, also,
              ^!Set %browser%=AVANT|FIREFOX|IEXPLORE|K-MELEON|MAXTHON|OPERA
              ; • add/edit an additional entry for new browser in browsers.dat file
              ;
              ; • this first ^!Set %url% line is very long, may get wrapped in email.
              ^!Set %url%=^?{(T=O;H=11)VIEW THIS FILE, OR, SELECT ANOTHER==^##};
              %browser%="^?{(T=A;H=9)BROWSER TO VIEW FILE WITH==^%browser%}"
              ;
              ^!Set %url%=^$StrReplace("|";":";"^$FileToUrl(^##)$";0;0)$
              ;
              ^!SetArray %prog%=^$StrReplace("_";"";"^%prog%"";0;0)$
              ^!SetArray %browser%=^%browser%
              ^!Set %count%=^%browser0%; %loop%=0
              :LOOP
              ^!Inc %loop%
              ^!Url ["^%browser^%loop%%"] "^%url%"
              ;^!Delay 1
              ^!If ^%loop% < ^%count% LOOP
              -----------------------

              ·············································
              ºvº SL_day# 344 - created 2008.12.09_13.23.29

              World's Shortest Books
              • America's Most Popular Lawyers

              € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
            • Edward
              Thank you and your clip works great. I did have to unwrap the long line, but with just a little knowledge I was able to do so easily. Ed Blessed are they who
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 9, 2008
              • 0 Attachment
                Thank you and your clip works great. I did have to unwrap the long line, but
                with just a little knowledge I was able to do so easily.
                Ed
                Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves
                for they shall never cease to be amused.
                -- Unknown

                ----- Original Message -----
                From: "hsavage" <hsavage@...>
                To: <ntb-html@yahoogroups.com>
                Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 2:09 PM
                Subject: Re: [NH] browser problems


                Edward wrote:
                Edward wrote:
                > hsavage wrote:
                >
                >> Ed,
                > One last question, we have tabs 'F8' and 'shift+F8, that gets us our
                Browser
                > and the Other Browser, if we have 3 or more browsers how do we choose the
                > one we want using shift+F8?
                > ed

                Ed,

                You can either go into 'View > Options > Internet' and switch them
                manually or use a clip similar to the one I wrote that will give access
                to all the entries you want that are in 'browsers.dat.'

                Since this is about browsers and using a clip is necessary it should be
                OK to include it here. You'll have to edit the entries in the '^!Set
                %browser%=' line to coincide with the entry names in you dat file.

                Any questions about the clip please respond on the 'clips list'.

                -----------------------
                H="Multi-Browsers"
                ; • Modified-Updated~Created_2008.09.28
                ; • hrs ø hsavage·pobox·com_11:22:14a
                ; • Uses Browsers.Dat File Entries
                ^!SetWizardWidth 100
                ^!SetWizardTitle "Select ALTERNATE Browsers"
                ^!SetWizardLabel "PICK A BROWSER,^%nL%MAY SELECT MORE THAN ONE -"
                ^!SetListDelimiter |
                ;
                ; • for more browsers.dat entries add vbar delimiter and name
                ; • to end of next line inside the quotes, also,
                ^!Set %browser%=AVANT|FIREFOX|IEXPLORE|K-MELEON|MAXTHON|OPERA
                ; • add/edit an additional entry for new browser in browsers.dat file
                ;
                ; • this first ^!Set %url% line is very long, may get wrapped in email.
                ^!Set %url%=^?{(T=O;H=11)VIEW THIS FILE, OR, SELECT ANOTHER==^##};
                %browser%="^?{(T=A;H=9)BROWSER TO VIEW FILE WITH==^%browser%}"
                ;
                ^!Set %url%=^$StrReplace("|";":";"^$FileToUrl(^##)$";0;0)$
                ;
                ^!SetArray %prog%=^$StrReplace("_";"";"^%prog%"";0;0)$
                ^!SetArray %browser%=^%browser%
                ^!Set %count%=^%browser0%; %loop%=0
                :LOOP
                ^!Inc %loop%
                ^!Url ["^%browser^%loop%%"] "^%url%"
                ;^!Delay 1
                ^!If ^%loop% < ^%count% LOOP
                -----------------------

                ·············································
                ºvº SL_day# 344 - created 2008.12.09_13.23.29

                World's Shortest Books
                • America's Most Popular Lawyers

                € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com




                ------------------------------------

                Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com/
                NoteTab website: http://www.notetab.com/
                NoteTab Discussion Lists: http://www.notetab.com/groups.php

                ***
                Yahoo! Groups Links
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.