  • Edward
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 18, 2008
      I have been building xtml pages, however, now when I click on the clip !New Web Page and select HTML 4.01 Transitional I get "XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd" how do I change it to build an HTML 4.01 transitional web page.

      I do not have the right address for the clips group. I sent this to ntb-clips@yahoogroups and was told no such group exists. sent the correct address for the clips group.
      Thanks
      Ed Brown

    • Michael Rawley
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 18, 2008
        Hi Edward,

        I think that you may find what you want on my web site
        'www.normist.co.uk/course/114.htm'. If you do use this course, please
        let me know. If there is anything else I can help you with; again let me
        know.

        Michael Rawley
      • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 18, 2008
          Interviewed by CNN on 18/11/2008 18:26, Edward told the world:
          > I have been building xtml pages, however, now when I click on the clip !New Web Page and select HTML 4.01 Transitional I get "XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd" how do I change it to build an HTML 4.01 transitional web page.

          Go to View/Options/HTML Files and UNcheck the box titled "Create XHTML
          Tags". Doing this, Notetab will default to HTML 4.01 instead of XHTML 1.0.

          Marcelo
          -=-=-
          "One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief
          that one's work is terribly important." – Bertrand Russell
          * TagZilla 0.066 on Seamonkey 1.1.13
        • Edward etal
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 18, 2008
            The page displays so badly in Internet Explorer 7.0 on mycomputer and
            monitor that I could not read it.
            Thanks, but it was all about forms and that had nothing to do with my
            question?
            > I think that you may find what you want on my web site
            > 'www.normist.co.uk/course/114.htm'. If you do use this course, please
            > let me know. If there is anything else I can help you with; again let me
            > know.
            >
            > Michael Rawley

          • Michael Rawley
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 19, 2008
              Hi Edward,

              I am sorry that you found my web garbled and that I had quoted the wrong
              page. It should have been '116.htm'. I check my pages against all five
              of the main current browsers. Just in case the page got garbled I have
              updated the site. Please let me know if you are still having trouble.

              regards

              Michael Rawley.
            • Dave
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 20, 2008
                Hi
                Just dropped by your site got IE7 and your top row of writing does not fit
                into the boxes you have made and the drop down menu on lesson 2 \templates
                seems confusing ??
                THANKYOU DAVE M

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 20, 2008
                  Michael Rawley wrote:
                  > I check my pages against all five of the main current browsers.

                  Every browser I know offers the option of "use my colurs, ignore
                  backgrounds", which is what I will invariably switch on, as it makes at
                  least 80 % of all sites much more legible. Unfortunately it ruins your
                  drop downs. BTW I am not the only one who considers drop downs on sites
                  a rather senseless gimmick.