Re: [NH] Few Fonts and most very strange

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 9, 2008
      Edward wrote:
      How do I load all the old fonts back into NoteTab Pro.

      As far as I know NoteTab has no fonts. The Windows fonts you used before
      were in your %windir% in the folder /fonts/ and had extensions of *.ttf
      and *.fon. Just grab all those and copy them over into the appropriate
      folder of Vista, whatever that may be, and you should be there.

      And you might want to switch your conservatism and progressivenees. I
      stick to good old Win98SE myself, but NoteTab 5.7 really is better than
      4.95 was and well worth the few bucks.

      Axel
    • Edward
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 9, 2008
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 9, 2008
          Alex, as I was searching through the fonts again just now, all the ones in
          Microsoft Works are Tt while the ones in the two NoteTabs are only O's

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 10, 2008
            Edward wrote:
            > It seems that all the fonts may very well be somewhere on the OS
            > but the programs that use fonts seem to pick and choose the fonts
            > that they will offer one to use.

            You just confirmed why it was a good decision to stay away from
            eXPerimental and Vista. And it also means, I don't know how to help you,
            sorry.

            Axel
          • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 10, 2008
              Interviewed by CNN on 10/11/2008 06:04, Axel Berger told the world:
              > Edward wrote:
              >
              >> It seems that all the fonts may very well be somewhere on the OS
              >> but the programs that use fonts seem to pick and choose the fonts
              >> that they will offer one to use.
              >>

              > You just confirmed why it was a good decision to stay away from
              > eXPerimental and Vista. And it also means, I don't know how to help you,
              > sorry.

              I would guess that the main issue is very simple: Notetab Pro uses
              only *monospaced* fonts. Other programs, such as Wordpad, Word etc. may
              Windows in use.

              Marcelo

              -=-=-
              I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.
              * TagZilla 0.066 on Seamonkey 1.1.12
            • bruce.somers@web.de
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 10, 2008
                > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

                Sounds reasonable. But it's a fact that I do not have Wingdings under Vista, for example, while I did under ME and Win2000

                Bruce
              • Edward
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 10, 2008
                  I should have checked with support, it seems that version 4.95 is not
                  supported in Vista perhaps. So I will try my XP computer and see if it
                  works properly there.
                  Ed