Few Fonts and most very strange

  • Edward
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 9, 2008
      I recently shut down my old ME OS computer and moved NoteTab Pro version 4.95np (Full Version) to new Vista OS computer. Now I have very few fonts and most of them I never heard of before; everything else seems to be working so far. Just lost my fonts. How do I re-install fonts into NoteTab. I even downloaded NoteTab Light thinking it might have all the old fonts in it. But it is the same exact fonts. I am not at the new computer with Vista OS so I cannot tell you the exact names and there is probably not more than 12 fonts altogether. How do I load all the old fonts back into NoteTab Pro. And I would like to buy the new version, but at 80+ years I do not intend to be writing enough HTML to make it profitable for me to do so. In fact the only reason I am trying to get it to work again is two younger friends wanted me to do a very simple website for them and I am always working on my on site.
      Thanks
      Ed

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 9, 2008
        Edward wrote:
        How do I load all the old fonts back into NoteTab Pro.

        As far as I know NoteTab has no fonts. The Windows fonts you used before
        were in your %windir% in the folder /fonts/ and had extensions of *.ttf
        and *.fon. Just grab all those and copy them over into the appropriate
        folder of Vista, whatever that may be, and you should be there.

        And you might want to switch your conservatism and progressivenees. I
        stick to good old Win98SE myself, but NoteTab 5.7 really is better than
        4.95 was and well worth the few bucks.

        Axel
      • Edward
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 9, 2008
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 9, 2008
            Alex, as I was searching through the fonts again just now, all the ones in
            Microsoft Works are Tt while the ones in the two NoteTabs are only O's

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 10, 2008
              Edward wrote:
              > It seems that all the fonts may very well be somewhere on the OS
              > but the programs that use fonts seem to pick and choose the fonts
              > that they will offer one to use.

              You just confirmed why it was a good decision to stay away from
              eXPerimental and Vista. And it also means, I don't know how to help you,
              sorry.

              Axel
            • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 10, 2008
                Interviewed by CNN on 10/11/2008 06:04, Axel Berger told the world:
                > Edward wrote:
                >
                >> It seems that all the fonts may very well be somewhere on the OS
                >> but the programs that use fonts seem to pick and choose the fonts
                >> that they will offer one to use.
                >>

                > You just confirmed why it was a good decision to stay away from
                > eXPerimental and Vista. And it also means, I don't know how to help you,
                > sorry.

                I would guess that the main issue is very simple: Notetab Pro uses
                only *monospaced* fonts. Other programs, such as Wordpad, Word etc. may
                Windows in use.

                Marcelo

                -=-=-
                I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.
                * TagZilla 0.066 on Seamonkey 1.1.12
              • bruce.somers@web.de
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 10, 2008
                  > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

                  Sounds reasonable. But it's a fact that I do not have Wingdings under Vista, for example, while I did under ME and Win2000

                  Bruce
                • Edward
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 10, 2008
                    I should have checked with support, it seems that version 4.95 is not
                    supported in Vista perhaps. So I will try my XP computer and see if it
                    works properly there.
                    Ed