Re: [NH] Display only part of an image?

    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 14, 2008
      Marcelo de Castro Bastos wrote:
      > can I "crop" it in HTML/CSS in order to display just a smaller
      > rectangle inside it

      I'm not more than 98 % sure, but as far as I know it isn't.
      But if it were possible you shouldn't do it. The whole image needs
      to be downloaded anyway. This would be similar do scaling down in
      HTML - I've seen 100 by 50 thumbnails that take ages to display.
      If you can't crop the image beforehand for some technical reason you
      haven't divulged, then the cropping ought to be done on the server.
      I'd expect it to be possible in PHP, though admittedly I haven't
      looked.

      Axel
    • Jeff
      Message 34 of 34 , Oct 13, 2008
        I'm new here, Marcelo, but maybe this article will help:

        http://www.wellstyled.com/css-nopreload-rollovers.html

        This is a fairly common technique in building CSS-styled menus,
        especially.

        Jeff

        --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, Marcelo de Castro Bastos