Re: [NH] changing the width of a table

  • Mike Breiding
    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 10, 2008
      loro wrote:
      > Mike Breiding wrote:
      >
      >> Ah, ha!
      >> So the 10% is the percentage of the menu column where the table resides.
      >>
      > More exactly a percentage of the available width as I said before.
      >
      > Instead of your 10% you can just as well remove the width altogether.
      > The result is the same. I said tables are like rubber ribbons. They
      > expand to fir their content. Another way to put it is that the
      > shrink-wrap. If no width is specified the table will be exactly as
      > wide as needed to accommodate its content. It won't get smaller than
      > that (when there's nowhere the lines can wrap). So specifying an
      > impossibly small width doesn't do anything at all.

      Right you are! It takes me a while...
      But, I finally see what you mean.
      The table resizes to fit the content.
      Where I was having problem was width the specifies width of the <td> for
      the days of the week.
      Thanks to Axel for pointing out that.
      Once I got rid of that then it shrunk to fit - as you said.

      Thanks. I learned a bit about those cussed tables.

      -Mike
    • Jeff
      Message 34 of 34 , Oct 13, 2008
        I'm new here, Marcelo, but maybe this article will help:

        http://www.wellstyled.com/css-nopreload-rollovers.html

        This is a fairly common technique in building CSS-styled menus,
        especially.

        Jeff

        --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, Marcelo de Castro Bastos