Re: [NH] changing the width of a table

    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 10, 2008
      Mike Breiding wrote:
      >Ah, ha!
      >So the 10% is the percentage of the menu column where the table resides.

      More exactly a percentage of the available width as I said before.

      Instead of your 10% you can just as well remove the width altogether.
      The result is the same. I said tables are like rubber ribbons. They
      expand to fir their content. Another way to put it is that the
      shrink-wrap. If no width is specified the table will be exactly as
      wide as needed to accommodate its content. It won't get smaller than
      that (when there's nowhere the lines can wrap). So specifying an
      impossibly small width doesn't do anything at all.

      Lotta
    • Jeff
      Message 34 of 34 , Oct 13, 2008
        I'm new here, Marcelo, but maybe this article will help:

        http://www.wellstyled.com/css-nopreload-rollovers.html

        This is a fairly common technique in building CSS-styled menus,
        especially.

        Jeff

        --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, Marcelo de Castro Bastos