NoteTab 5.7 now released
- Hi everyone,
We're pleased to announce the release of NoteTab 5.7 (all versions).
You will find the upgrade information through NoteTab's "Check for
Updates" feature, which is available from the Help menu. If you don't
see the version 5.7 info in the News and Updates window, make sure you
click on the "Get headlines" button at the top-left of the dialog box to
refresh the list.
Improvements since previous update:
* Updated the regular expressions engine to the latest release, which is
based on PCRE 7.7.
* Improved the Strip HTML Tags feature. Now correctly processes
unordered lists, ordered lists, and definition lists. Also improved
* Added the Outline Tutorial shortcut under the Help menu to easily open
the Readme.otl document.
* Added support for a new type of "text" hyperlink. You can now open
files in their associated application by using an exclamation character
(!) at the start of the hyperlink text. The following example will open
the GIF file in your associated image viewer: [!Samples\notetab.gif].
See the [Readme.otl::Hyperlinks] topic for more details (tip: to open
the document, hold down the Ctrl key while you double-click on the text
between the square brackets).
* Opening a shortcut file (.lnk) in NoteTab now always opens its target
* Added support for folder and file name tokens. These tokens represent
either fully qualified folder names or system variables. See "Folder and
File Name Tokens" topic in Help for more details on this feature.
* Improved the /usb switch option. You now only need to use this command
the first time you run NoteTab off a USB drive. NoteTab will store the
option in its INI file on the USB drive. To cancel the option, run
NoteTab with the /usb=false command-line switch.
* Added keyboard shortcuts to combo-box and edit-box controls in
dialogs: Ctrl+Z = undo; Ctrl+Backspace = delete word before cursor;
Ctrl+Delete = delete from cursor till end of word.
* NoteTab Pro: added Ctrl+Shift+Up/Down keyboard shortcut to extend
selection range a paragraph at a time.
* Fixed several issues affecting certain complex regular expression
* Fixed issue with AutoReplace feature failing to work when an Outline
document is open.
* Fixed issue when using keyboard shortcuts to open context menus.
* Fixed several accessibility issues. Added configuration file for
Window-Eyes, JAWS for Windows, and Dolphin Hal; these are stored in the
Accessibility subfolder. Use the following command-line switch to
install them in the appropriate folders:
* The Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT), which describes
how NoteTab conforms to Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, is
available from the following Web page:
* Freeware and Trial versions of NoteTab are now protected with a
different third-party product, which should significantly reduce
* Updated the spell-checker help file to the HTML Help format. Previous
WinHelp format does not work on Windows Vista without installing extra
* Added new print shortcuts to the Utilities library and Clipbar.
* Added many new Clip commands and functions.
* Some other minor improvements and issues fixed.
* Updated references to Fookes Software to reflect the new legal form of
business company. Fookes Software is now a Limited (Ltd) company, which
is owned by Fookes Holding Ltd.