NoteTab as a Portable Ap

  • algeddis
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9 3:38 PM
      My profound apologies to the group here-I am having an incredibly
      difficult time adjusting to Yahoo ( and Google) groups versus plain
      old forums. I am beginning to actually believe you cannot teach an old
      dog new tricks ;-)

      I like the concept of Portable Aps as in http://portableapps.com/
      and personally see the future of where we have these little
      'thumb-usb' type devices on our belts and only need access to a pc
      core. In any event, I want to put NoteTab Lite on my current thumb
      drive as a portable ap. The last message I saw was a discussion was in
      2007. Is there anything new on this, any different ideas? Portable Aps
      currently offers Komposer (a replacement of sorts for Nvu) and
      NoteTab++ that personally do not match my personality (regardless of
      how great they might really be...and they do seem good). NoteTab so
      far fits me great for Notepad stuff and HTML stuff. Any insights
      vastly appreciated.

      (If I don't respond, it is only because I could not figure out how to
      get back here!)
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10 12:10 PM
        On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 6:38 PM, algeddis <algeddis@...> wrote:

        > I like the concept of Portable Aps as in http://portableapps.com/
        > and personally see the future of where we have these little
        > 'thumb-usb' type devices on our belts and only need access to a pc
        > core. In any event, I want to put NoteTab Lite on my current thumb
        > drive as a portable ap. The last message I saw was a discussion was in
        > 2007. Is there anything new on this, any different ideas? Portable Aps
        > currently offers Komposer (a replacement of sorts for Nvu) and
        > NoteTab++ that personally do not match my personality (regardless of
        > how great they might really be...and they do seem good). NoteTab so
        > far fits me great for Notepad stuff and HTML stuff. Any insights
        > vastly appreciated.

        check out /USB switch in Notetab 5.x
        That's exactly what it is designed to allow.
        (Haven't used it myself - if problems post questions.)

        Doesn't really matter - but this is probably a topic for the
        main-yahoo Notetab group. This sub-group is more for how Notetab can
        be used to make HTML and CSS sing :-)

        --
        Regards ... Alec