Re: [NH] CSS "Margin" acting like "Indent"

    Message 1 of 19 , May 20, 2008
      Ray wrote:
      >I don't comprehend what you are saying. I tried several permutations
      >of moving
      >the basic-summary class into the TD tag or changing the style sheet to use
      >indent instead of margin-left. Most of my trials failed validation
      >and none of
      >them produce the desired result.

      Wrap the text in a block level element (P, DIV) and use the class
      with that. Or simply use padding-left for the TD if all text in that
      TD should be indented.

      Message 2 of 19 , May 20, 2008
        Bruce wrote:
        >That's interesting:
        >"You tried to use a box attribute (margin) in an inline element
        >(font). Try eliminating the <font> tag entirely and moving the
        >"class" to the <td> element."

        Margin properties do apply to inline elements. They just don't do
        what Ray wants when used with them.
        http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/box.html#margin-properties

        >Is there a comprehensive list somewhere, of block and inline
        >elements and what attributes apply to each?

        The HTML 4.01 spec. In a more easy to read form here:
        <http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/block.html>

        Lotta
      • sandeep syamnath
        Message 3 of 19 , May 25, 2008
          Hi,
          Please unsubscribe my id.

          Thanks,
          Sandeep
          Message 4 of 19 , May 25, 2008
            sandeep syamnath wrote:
            >Please unsubscribe my id.

            You have to get off the same way you got on, by doing it yourself.
            There are instructions in the footer of each post.

            Lotta
          • fw7oaks
            Message 5 of 19 , May 25, 2008
              --- On Sun, 5/25/08, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:

              > You have to get off the same way you got on, by doing it yourself.

              > There are instructions in the footer of each post.

              If easier than that, there's a link 'unsubscribe'. Click it and you are GONE.
            • Julie
              Message 6 of 19 , May 25, 2008
                To quote an old Eagles' tune, they're "Already gone". :)