No Errors... Validated BUT!

  • woodysnomad
    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2008
      That feels great... Validated Thanks to all and I am learning new
      tricks for an old retired dog.

      Now, did anyone look at the web site http://nomad17.home.comcast.net
      and actually see the table with the different topics? I added a
      special character for the bullet, two non breaking spaces and the
      topic but everything is underlined. How can I correct this or at
      least no underline under the bullet and blank spaces! Also if I use
      the bullet special character, how do I find out what set it belongs to?
      If the diehards remember, I used LI in the table and got all kinds of
      errors but it worked and I had a bullet and no underlining. ?????
      True to form, ain't it great if it works but WOW if it don't...
      CYA, Joe
      Message 2 of 3 , May 9, 2008
        Joe wrote:
        >That feels great... Validated Thanks to all and I am learning new
        >tricks for an old retired dog.

        Congratulations! You are quick about it too. :-)

        Message 3 of 3 , May 9, 2008
          Joe wrote:
          >Now, did anyone look at the web site http://nomad17.home.comcast.net
          >and actually see the table with the different topics? I added a
          >special character for the bullet, two non breaking spaces and the
          >topic but everything is underlined.

          Move the bullet and the spaces outside the link.
          Instead of this
          <A HREF="#Thanks">•  A Special Thanks</A>
          use this.
          •  <A HREF="#Thanks">A Special Thanks</A>

          You know, that should probably be a list. The margin problem is
          easily controlled with CSS. You shouldn't use BLOCKQUOTE for margins
          either. It should be reserved for block quotes and the margins
          browser add can differ from browser to browser anyway. But you can
          fix those things as you learn more CSS. You are getting there, keep at it. :-)