Re: [NH] Down to 6...

    Message 1 of 3 , May 9, 2008
      loro wrote:
      > Personally I wouldn't use the Windows Charset, but to each his own.

      Why, please? If and when you write using NoteTab cp1252 is what your
      files actually are. If you want them to be anything else you have to go
      the extra mile and actively convert them. Actually, this is what I do on
      my own sites. I prefer US-ASCII for its lowest level rock bottom
      comptibility, and inevitably all to often an umlaut creeps in in some
      last minute correction after the characters had already been converted.

      There are good reasons to use another character set, agreed, but then
      you have to actually use it. Just declaring it is wrong and does
      nothing.
      NoteTab is wrong here. Out of the box it declares ISO 8859-1. Now
      agreed, most of the characters are the same, but who guarantees you'll
      never use any of the others?

      Using one thing and declaring another is wrong. Declaring something that
      not all older browsers can be relied on to recognize is a bit less than
      ideal, but at least it's correct.