Re: [NH] Helvetica Not In Control Panel

    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 30, 2008
      Ray Shapp wrote:
      > Many thanks for your comprehensive answers.

      Two additions perhaps:
      If your layout gets more refined, don't forget to test the fallbacks
      too.

      And remember that since time immemorial all browsers offer the settings
      "ignore font styles and sizes", "ignore colours", and "use only my
      preffered font size", which is how three out of four of my browsers are
      set up. One of the three also ignores all CSS and renders the pure HTML,
      while all of them ignore scripts unless explicitly allowed for the site,
      which I am much less likely to do than just leave in disgust.
      Any well made sites must work with these limitations, they need not be
      especially beautiful that way, but they have to be useable.

      Axel
    • Ray Shapp
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
        Hi Axel,

        <<since time immemorial all browsers offer the settings
        "ignore font styles and sizes", "ignore colours", and "use only my
        preffered font size",>>

        Yes, two of my four PCs ignore all the best efforts of the web designers.

        Thanks for mentioning it.

        Ray Shapp