Re: [NH] Helvetica Not In Control Panel

  • Ray Shapp
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 30, 2008
      Hi Marcelo and sister

      Many thanks for your comprehensive answers.

      Ray Shapp
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 30, 2008
        Ray Shapp wrote:
        > Many thanks for your comprehensive answers.

        Two additions perhaps:
        If your layout gets more refined, don't forget to test the fallbacks
        too.

        And remember that since time immemorial all browsers offer the settings
        "ignore font styles and sizes", "ignore colours", and "use only my
        preffered font size", which is how three out of four of my browsers are
        set up. One of the three also ignores all CSS and renders the pure HTML,
        while all of them ignore scripts unless explicitly allowed for the site,
        which I am much less likely to do than just leave in disgust.
        Any well made sites must work with these limitations, they need not be
        especially beautiful that way, but they have to be useable.

        Axel
      • Ray Shapp
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
          Hi Axel,

          <<since time immemorial all browsers offer the settings
          "ignore font styles and sizes", "ignore colours", and "use only my
          preffered font size",>>

          Yes, two of my four PCs ignore all the best efforts of the web designers.

          Thanks for mentioning it.

          Ray Shapp