[NH] Re: Links - underlining of

  • Bob Janes
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 1999
      >> and of course in table form takes longer to download.

      > ahm - because of the underlining?! sure you mean the table.

      As I understand it, it's not that the table takes a long time to download but
      that most browsers don't start to display the table until it has all downloaded.
      So using text or short chunks of table gives much quicker visual feed-back to
      the user and helps stop them getting impatient. (I believe that IE5 is the
      exception that now displays tables as they down-load.)

      Best regards

      Bob

      --

      Bob Janes
      Webster & Janes Ltd

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html
    • Glenn Dixon
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 1999
        Bob,

        I have IE5.0 and I recently gained the responsibility of updating a web page
        which contains one medium and one LARGE table. I can assure you that IE 5.0
        does NOT display a table until it is all loaded. On a 56K modem this page
        takes 35+ seconds to load up the 2nd table....maybe longer!