Re: [NH] How do you make the text flow around the whole image ?

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 8, 2000
      Hi Harvey and Bill,

      >The border you are speaking of is part of the background .gif,
      >much like a single sheet of custom stationery, red on the left
      >margin. Bill could shift the overlaps right with some form of
      >indentation, or, he could change the background .gif, or, he
      >could leave as is. It's not too hard to read now with just a few
      >links overlapping.

      Yep, I know what it is and figured Bill would know how to fix it.
      Bill, I suppose moving all your:

      <TABLE ALIGN=center BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 WIDTH="85%">

      and the <HR to 80% would take care of it. ;)

      nite all...

      http://www.sureword.com/notetab

      The NoteTab and Html List...
      mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
    • Lotta
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 9, 2000
        Hi Bill,

        To keep the links out of the border you have to use a two cell table.
        Specify the left cell to about the same width as the width of the red
        border (in pixels) and put a couple of   in it. Or even better put a
        1x1 transparent gif in the left cell and set the IMG width attribute to the
        same as above. You have to check it out so it looks good to you. This way
        the links will always be free from the border independent of resolution and
        user preferences for text size.

        You should also increase the width of the background image (the white
        part). It is only 1200 pixels, so any one running higher resolution will se
        the red border twice.

        Then you should be alright. Good luck.

        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 9, 2000
          Hi Lotta & Bill,

          >To keep the links out of the border you have to use a two cell
          >table.

          Oops, when I said to shorten the 85% to about 80% I overlooked
          that he did not have the two tables. I agree with you and Marco
          on the pixels.

          Bye for now,
          Jody Adair
          Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

          http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
          http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
          http://www.sureword.com/notetab
        • Bill Scott
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 9, 2000
            Hi All:

            Thanks for the help what I did to resolve the background problem
            is to
            make a table for each item at 75% and the images align center with
            pixels
            widths for the the images that add up to 600 pixels ... about ...
            this seems
            to work. I have had suggestions of which I tried all with these
            being ... I
            think the best all around solution ...

            Next Problem ... is

            How do I get the text to flow around the image starting at the top
            of the
            image .... is it doing this now ...

            http://www.domainsnregistry.com/designsanddomains.htm

            I have looked at all of
            the html guides to figure this out until I am blue in the face
            .... I know I
            have seen pictures with the text all around but cannot find any
            examples right
            now ...

            Bill Scott
          • Lotta
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 9, 2000
              Bill,

              >How do I get the text to flow around the image starting at the top
              >of the
              >image ..

              You have:
              IMG SRC="images/margiebill.jpg"ALIGN="AbsBottom"

              Change to:
              IMG SRC="images/margiebill.jpg "ALIGN="left"

              Note that you had missed a space before ALIGN.

            • Bill Scott
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 9, 2000
                Thanks Lotta ... you get points in heaven for that one ....
                it never ceases to amaze me how one space can make you go crazy
                and it seems that your eye sees sometimes what it wants to see ...

                thanks ....

                Bill
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 9, 2000
                  Hi Bill

                  >http://www.domainsnregistry.com/designsanddomains.htm

                  All the alignment looks good now for me! :)