Re: [NH] How do you make the text flow around the whole image ?

  • Harvey R. Savage
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 8, 2000
      Hi Guys,

      The border you are speaking of is part of the background .gif,
      much like a single sheet of custom stationery, red on the left
      margin. Bill could shift the overlaps right with some form of
      indentation, or, he could change the background .gif, or, he
      could leave as is. It's not too hard to read now with just a few
      links overlapping.

      hrs

      Jody wrote:

      > Hi Bill
      >
      > >Here is what I have so far ....
      > >
      > >http://www.domainsnregistry.com/index.html
      >
      > Border is still offset unevenly.
      >
      > Happy HTML'n!
      > Jody
      >
      > http://www.sureword.com/notetab
      >
      > The NoteTab and Html List...
      > mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...

      ¿? Harvey R. Savage
      ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
      ¿? Eldorado, IL 62930
      ¿? 618-273-5003
      ¿? icq 21106393
      ¿? hsavage@...
      ¿? (ktcalci)
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 8, 2000
        Hi Harvey and Bill,

        >The border you are speaking of is part of the background .gif,
        >much like a single sheet of custom stationery, red on the left
        >margin. Bill could shift the overlaps right with some form of
        >indentation, or, he could change the background .gif, or, he
        >could leave as is. It's not too hard to read now with just a few
        >links overlapping.

        Yep, I know what it is and figured Bill would know how to fix it.
        Bill, I suppose moving all your:

        <TABLE ALIGN=center BORDER=0 CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 WIDTH="85%">

        and the <HR to 80% would take care of it. ;)

        nite all...

        http://www.sureword.com/notetab

        The NoteTab and Html List...
        mailto:Ntb-html-Subscribe@...
      • Lotta
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 9, 2000
          Hi Bill,

          To keep the links out of the border you have to use a two cell table.
          Specify the left cell to about the same width as the width of the red
          border (in pixels) and put a couple of   in it. Or even better put a
          1x1 transparent gif in the left cell and set the IMG width attribute to the
          same as above. You have to check it out so it looks good to you. This way
          the links will always be free from the border independent of resolution and
          user preferences for text size.

          You should also increase the width of the background image (the white
          part). It is only 1200 pixels, so any one running higher resolution will se
          the red border twice.

          Then you should be alright. Good luck.

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 9, 2000
            Hi Lotta & Bill,

            >To keep the links out of the border you have to use a two cell
            >table.

            Oops, when I said to shorten the 85% to about 80% I overlooked
            that he did not have the two tables. I agree with you and Marco
            on the pixels.

            Bye for now,
            Jody Adair
            Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

            http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
            http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
            http://www.sureword.com/notetab
          • Bill Scott
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 9, 2000
              Hi All:

              Thanks for the help what I did to resolve the background problem
              is to
              make a table for each item at 75% and the images align center with
              pixels
              widths for the the images that add up to 600 pixels ... about ...
              this seems
              to work. I have had suggestions of which I tried all with these
              being ... I
              think the best all around solution ...

              Next Problem ... is

              How do I get the text to flow around the image starting at the top
              of the
              image .... is it doing this now ...

              http://www.domainsnregistry.com/designsanddomains.htm

              I have looked at all of
              the html guides to figure this out until I am blue in the face
              .... I know I
              have seen pictures with the text all around but cannot find any
              examples right
              now ...

              Bill Scott
            • Lotta
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 9, 2000
                Bill,

                >How do I get the text to flow around the image starting at the top
                >of the
                >image ..

                You have:
                IMG SRC="images/margiebill.jpg"ALIGN="AbsBottom"

                Change to:
                IMG SRC="images/margiebill.jpg "ALIGN="left"

                Note that you had missed a space before ALIGN.

              • Bill Scott
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 9, 2000
                  Thanks Lotta ... you get points in heaven for that one ....
                  it never ceases to amaze me how one space can make you go crazy
                  and it seems that your eye sees sometimes what it wants to see ...

                  thanks ....

                  Bill
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 9, 2000
                    Hi Bill

                    >http://www.domainsnregistry.com/designsanddomains.htm

                    All the alignment looks good now for me! :)