Re: [NH] info pop up

    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 21, 2007
      Chris Dart wrote:
      > If there are several pop-ups then each can have the same name
      > and use the same window which
      > is closed when the main window closes (see call in body tag).

      I hope you will all remember that very many users will have scripts
      turned off in their browsers. Something similar goes for my suggestion,
      there may well be no CSS support, but in that case there is no
      diplay:none and all additional information is always shown - you need to
      make sure, it is not all a jumble though and meaningful when traversed
      linearly through a reader.

      Axel
    • GilaMountainDulcimers.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 21, 2007
        This is PERFECT, John!!!! Thank you!!!
        It only has two options for positioning, however -- center or random. I can live with it though and the visitor can move it over to where they want it. But this is great! Thank you sooooooo much! I have bookmarked the site and will use it for other things.

        Hugs,
        Kerry Coates in New Mexico
        http://www.network-marketing-mlm-business.com
        http://www.Amazing-Health-Products.com
        http://www.GilaMountainDulcimers.com
        http://www.GilaMountainDulcimers.com/pekes-family.htm

        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 21, 2007
          I am a copy and paste kind of gal and now my problem is solved. Thank EVERYONE for their help in this. You guys are just too great!!!!!

          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 21, 2007

            > I hope you will all remember that very many users will have scripts
            > turned off in their browsers.

            Axel I agree that on a serious web site, which my personal site
            certainly isn't, one should never rely exclusively on scripted links.
            That's why in those situations I always provide standard html links
            in addition to the fancier scripted ones.

            That said, I also have to say that about 95% of the people I know
            personally (in face to face life) have no idea what a web browser even
            is. Let alone knowing which one they use or how they might go about
            configuring it. The same people couldn't tell you the program they
            use for email either, when I ask them they almost always say "The one
            with the blue and white icon".

            It boggles my mind sometimes.

            John
          • John Zeman
            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 21, 2007
              Glad to hear that does what you want Kerry.

              dynamicdrive.com has quite a few neat and free scripts there.

              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 21, 2007
                If I can remember, I will direct you all to the website once I get it done. I expect it will take me a couple months yet. I have about 200 pages to re-build and I am taking out all the tables and going with css all the way. It is almost a total redesign, using a totally different template. I am REALLY learning a LOT!!! And it is a trial and error thing on a lot of stuff so it takes me a day just to get a couple pages done. It is harder, I think, to do a re-design than it is just to build the thing from scratch. It gets real confusing with all the copying and pasting of content -- making sure you don't miss anything or leave anything out. It is so nice that NoteTabPro has an "undo" button!!! LOL
                Hope I can remember to send you all there when I am done because it is turning out pretty cool.