Re: [NH] NoteTab and Safari

  • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 15, 2007
      Interviewed by CNN on 21/10/2007 03:06, buralex@... told the world:
      > OK ... not yet tested but this appears to be the format of the command
      > line used by Windows when it invokes Safari as the default browser:
      >
      > * "C:\Program Files\AmbPF\Safari\Safari.exe" -url
      > "http://www.jamendo.com/en/?p=music"
      > o pasting the above in Start-Run box successfully invokes
      > Safari. YIPPEE!!
      >
      > So ... I put this entry in "browsers.dat":
      >
      > [Safari]
      > Application=Safari
      > Command=C:\Program Files\AmbPF\Safari\Safari.exe -url "%1"
      >
      > Now I can go to Tools-Internet in Notetab and set either Main Browser or
      > Other Browser to "Safari" (w/o quotes) and clicking the appropriate tool
      > button opens the current file/buffer in Safari. (If set as "Main
      > Browser" this is also the one that will be used by [Open Link] command.

      Update on the using-Safari-to-preview-HTML-files thing:

      Apple FIXED the issue in the new Safari for Windows 3.0.4 (officially
      still a beta). Although the syntax buralex digged up (and I'm still
      thankful for) still works, Safari no longer needs the -url option to
      open local files. This means that you can use the built-in "Open With"
      feature in Windows Explorer to open a file in Safari (like you already
      could do with IE, Opera and Firefox), without needing to manually create
      a context menu entry for the file type.

      Marcelo

      -=-=-
      "Apple" (c) Copyright 1767, Sir Isaac Newton.
      * TagZilla 0.066 on Seamonkey 1.1.6