Re: [NH] DOCTYPE and content-type, validation=> Pelasebearwith me!

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2007
      WV-Mike wrote:
      > Is "traditional" the same as Transitional?

      No, it's wrong. Thanks for spotting that silly mistake, transitional is
      what I should have written.

      > no way to get that from my keyboard - I think.

      Not the German one, no. but the French have always been better catered
      for, so you can get â á à with key sequences. NoteTab provides the
      function Modify -> characters to HTML but that is easily forgotten with
      a last minute correction to the finished and final version.

      > For me, the entity – is longer than the keyboard - .
      > Is that the reason for using &ndash instead of - ?

      Yes. A typewriter has only one, but typographically there are at least
      five different kinds of hyphen. Of course this is more important in high
      quality print with TeX than in simple HTML but it can make the text
      nicwer to read.

      > So, I guess I am safe there as long as I *remember* to run Tidy.

      Yes. Thatr's where validation comes in, I tend to forget things.