Re: [NH] DOCTYPES and content-type

    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 8, 2007
      WV-Mike wrote:
      > I checked the Control Panel for my provider and it was not
      > readily apparent to me where this might be done.
      > I did some googling on "indicate encoding is by means of the
      > HTTP headers". No luck.

      No. In practice, as far as I know, this route is only open to you if you
      run your own server. But you can turn it off. In my case the server sent
      a declaration of 8859-1 which clashed with my own META tag. If that
      happens to you, you can add this line to your .htaccess:

      AddDefaultCharset Off

      For a good overview of htaccess read this:
      http://wsabstract.com/howto/htaccess.shtml

      Axel
    • Corl DeLuna
      Message 33 of 33 , Nov 13, 2007
        Obrigado Marcelo, Thank you.

        This should help a lot in beginning to understand tidy.

        Too many options galore! http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html

        But what I really need to do is pare it down to simply converting to UTF-8
        at the end of the publishing process.

        Best,
        Corl

        To the Marvelous NoteTab developers, BIG REQUEST - Native UTF-8 support in
        NTP. At least on Win 2000/XP/Vista which I believe are Unicode based
        already. Thanks!