Re: ALT text: WAS=> Re: [NH] ID/Target # => will not work inFF2.0.9

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 8, 2007
      loro wrote:
      > Isn't title alone enough for that?

      For that yes, but the ALT tag is needed too and e.g. IE treats ALT as it
      should treat TITLE.

      > Who benefits from being told an image is an image?
      > Blind users would get a lot of "image" read out to them...

      Well for one thing the ALT is compulsory in the standard. And then in
      this paticular case, i.e. image and caption placed into a table
      together, the caption on its own makes much more sense when you know it
      is not part of the ongoing text but the caption to an image. I do not
      think one single word read out before the caption is that much of a
      hassle.
      And on top of that it might just be of interest that this is not just a
      spacer or some other bit of layout but an actual image that's part of
      the content.

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 8, 2007
        Axel Berger wrote:
        >For that yes, but the ALT tag is needed too and e.g. IE treats ALT as it
        >should treat TITLE.

        It also treats title as it should treat title. So alt for tooltips
        isn't needed.

        >Well for one thing the ALT is compulsory in the standard.

        The attribute is. It isn't required to have a value.