RE: [NH] Browsers Don't Render HTML

  • John Wallace
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 4, 2007
      How is he opening the file?
      With the broswer's file open command or from the text editor?

      John Wallace
      Pontiac Power RULES !!!
      www.wallaceracing.com

      _____

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 4, 2007
        Hi Ray,

        The mark up validates http://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_input.

        In Firefox I can drag the test.html file into a window to open it, I can use
        the menu File > Open File and browse to select the test.html. Both should
        work about the same with MSIE. If neither of these work your friend isn't
        saving it as html, and I don't know if there are Mac tricks with TextEditor
        to do that. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en
        <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_qdr=all&q=HTML+TextEditor+mac&btnG=Se
        arch> &as_qdr=all&q=HTML+TextEditor+mac&btnG=Search

        Best,
        Corl

        _____

        "http://www.w3 <http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd>
        org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
        <head>
        <title>My first HTML page</title>
        </head>

      • sisterscape
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 4, 2007
          --- Corl DeLuna <corl@...> wrote:
          > If neither of these work your friend isn't
          > saving it as html, and I don't know if there are Mac tricks with
          > TextEditor to do that.

          The Mac users that I know are completely clueless about things like
          this. I can explain and explain and they still don't 'get it'. Sigh .
          . .

          Does he have file extensions hidden by default? I think I remember it
          being that way in Windoze. If he makes them visible, he can see what
          the file is saved as.

          Good luck!

          http://mail.yahoo.com