CSE HTML Validator - Giveaway-Of-the-day

  • buralex@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 2007
      Hey guys (hope your spam filters don't grab this)

      CSE HTML Validator 8.0 Standard (the one that retails at $69, not Pro at
      $99) is available for free today
      Must be d/l'd and installed before 3:AM (EDT)
      Just for fun I used it to validate http://www.notetab.com/ - just a
      couple of errors.

      sorry I'm so late getting the message out - hope some of you are awake
      or in a timezone that you can get it.
      I know that various free validators and tiny will do much the same job
      but its a pretty nice giveaway.

      http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/cse-html-validator/
      Here's the Lite-Standard-Pro comparison page:
      http://www.htmlvalidator.com/htmlval/comparisonchart.html

      Unfortunately, (almost the first thing I checked) its Regular expression
      engine is more limited than Notetab 4.9x :-(

      Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 10, 2007
        buralex@... wrote:
        >Must be d/l'd and installed before 3:AM (EDT)

        Too late! The page says it isn't available anymore.

        >Just for fun I used it to validate http://www.notetab.com/ - just a
        >couple of errors.

        I'm sure there are. But the errors aren't in Eric's HTML. They are in
        CSE... (There are a few CSS errors due to the colored scrollbars though).
        http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/validate.cgi?url=http%3A//notetab.com/&warnings=yes&input=yes

        Thanks anyway. Alec. I would have liked to have it - even if it isn't a
        validator. ;-))

        Lotta
      • John Zeman
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 10, 2007
          --- In ntb-html@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:
          > >Just for fun I used it to validate http://www.notetab.com/ - just a
          > >couple of errors.
          >
          > I'm sure there are. But the errors aren't in Eric's HTML. They are in
          > CSE... (There are a few CSS errors due to the colored scrollbars
          though).

          Lotta I've been using the Pro version of CSE Validator for almost 6
          years now and it's never let me down yet. However it's vast, and I do
          mean vast configuration options, make it possible, even likely at
          first, to report errors when there really aren't any serious problems.
          Once you get it configured to your style of writing code, it's a
          godsend just as NoteTab is. The two programs work together
          marvelously, I usually validate all my html from within NoteTab using
          CSE, and only actually launch the GUI version of it in the event of an
          error. And of course I use a NoteTab clip to control all of that. :)

          John