valid xhtml for flash

  • Adrien Verlee
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 2007
      W3C point to http://alistapart.com for valid code when inserting a film.
      The code there is indeed valid, but I don't get it to work.
      Perhaps in my case I need to point to http://video.google.com

      Is there someone you knows a site with valid xhtml where they used
      the <object> element fore retrieving a film from a different server?
      So I could look to the code?
      --
      adrien
    • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 9, 2007
        On the last exciting episode, aired on 9/8/2007 08:53, Adrien Verlee
        invited the wrath of the gods by saying:
        > W3C point to http://alistapart.com for valid code when inserting a film.
        > The code there is indeed valid, but I don't get it to work.
        > Perhaps in my case I need to point to http://video.google.com
        >
        > Is there someone you knows a site with valid xhtml where they used
        > the <object> element fore retrieving a film from a different server?
        > So I could look to the code?

        I don't remember where I got this tip from, but this code:

        <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="your_flash_movie.swf"
        height="200" width="400"><!-- you can use CLASS and ID here also. DON'T
        use CLASSID or CODEBASE -- it breaks non-MS browsers -->
        <param name="movie" value="your_flash_movie.swf">
        <param name="quality" value="high"><!-- optional parameters; others
        also acceptable -->
        </object>

        passes XHTML 1.0 STRICT validation and works with most browsers.

        Marcelo
      • Adrien Verlee
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 9, 2007
          Op 9-aug-07, om 14:21 heeft Marcelo de Castro Bastos het volgende
          geschreven:

          > passes XHTML 1.0 STRICT validation and works with most browsers.

          Thank you, it is for transitional.
          It is also verry similar to the mentioned code.
          --
          Adrien Verlee - www.leerquoten.nl
          www.marxists.org/nederlands/