[NH] Re: printing/style sheets

  • Grant
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1 11:16 PM
      > written only in straight HTML. I began (and ended up with
      > Notetab!) by using Joe Barta's HTML Tutorial - do you know of any
      > similar help with style sheets?

      There is heaps of stuff out there but Stephanos Piperoglou's

      http://www.webreference.com/html/tutorials/

      gets my vote as the best html/css tutorials site.
      Also Eric Meyer's stuff on the webreview site is worth a look at

      http://webreview.com/wr/pub/1999/06/25/style/index.html

      And of course as Jody mentioned you will need to have the W3C standard

      http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-CSS2-19980512/css2.zip

      Which contains " A brief CSS2 tutorial for HTML"

      > This is one of the reasons I have stuck to the still common 'old'
      > method (the fact I know nothing of style sheets is hardly worth
      > mentioning of course). There must be many with computers not
      > supporting CSS2 - what would they see? I've heard a lot about
      > browsers being easily 'confused' (hah!) but have no experience. Anyone?

      My understanding is that If a browser comes across an element ,attribute or
      css selector property it does not recognise it just ignores it. Problems
      occur when a browser recognises an element etc, then dutifully renders it
      in a buggy fashion.
      Take a look at Eric Meyer's css bugList
      http://webreview.com/wr/pub/guides/style/mastergrid.html

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/ntb-html